Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottahosta

Dropping in!

gottahosta
12 years ago

Hi, everyone, see lots of new faces here. There are more lulls in my day as the first rush of income tax prep is behind me. So, I will stop in a little more often.

We have had really warm weather but tonight it will freeze good, so not quite time to bring out the brugs for some fresh air. Getting antsy for those first April-May blossoms! Hope we have a better year, all of us, than last year.

I heard the North Pole is slowly migrating toward that peninsula that sticks out of Russia toward Alaska- could that be the reason for the weird weather? Are we tilting from where we used to be? LOL!

~Brenda

Comments (6)

• Johnsp
    12 years ago

Hi Brenda,

Just joined the community here and yes looking forward to warmer weather so I can bring my brugs out too Live in the Poconos and generally have to wait until first week of May before I bring all my plants out. I also see hosta is part of your handle. Are you an addict...lol? I am and already have orders in for some of the hostas I have on my wish list. Are you an AHS member?

Scott

• rudy625
    12 years ago

Hey Scott,
    I see that you say that you are in the Poconos,I'm in Wilkes Barre,where are you,you must be close !
    Dan

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Brenda, good to see you here. Glad you are taking advantage of the tax break and doing something you love, instead of just working :-) We have spring weather here in CA, but now I am not looking forward to summer when it gets too hot -- never satisfied!

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good to see you too, Eloise.
    Hi, Scott, I have about 250 varieties- was 350 but some did not like Georgia, winter or summer! No longer collect, just enjoy. I see little noses/eyes peaking up, so covering them with leaves for just a bit longer. I have some lovely mature hostas!
    I grew brugs in 1994-1996, then gave mine to my DIL Sandy. I actually got back into brugs in 2006 when I made a bed along my drive that had too much sun for the hostas, so I planted brugs to shade them. nice symbosis- hostas were fading in September, and the brugs started blooming about then. Wowed me and the rest is history!! LOL!

• Johnsp
    12 years ago

Hi Dan,

I'm in Tannersville next to Camelback mountain and about an hour from Wilkes Barre.

Hello Brenda, wow 250 I can't imagine that many. I just got two last fall and not sure what colors they are as they were small not old enough to bloom. I have them inside in an unused bedroom so can't wait to get them back outside and growing. Would love to have more but not sure they would survive in my unheated garage as temps go down into the teens and twenties here.

Scott

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Hi, I'll drop in too since I haven't had anything to say for a while. I took one, my smallest, brug, out of the dark and put her in a window. Waiting for the first hint of green. We just had a couple wonderful warm days, tomorrow back to winter. But I saw buds coming up from my helleboros (lenten rose) and can't wait to see her flowers. Inside I have a red passionflower blooming as well as red flowering maples, and african violets. Garden seedlings are started, just waiting for the warm weather. Really.
    Diane

Sponsored
Simply Home LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Custom Home Builder in Fredericksburg, VA