Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steelskies_gw

brugs & bugs aphids & black flying thingys

steelskies
13 years ago

I live in Wis. and have a small greenhouse that I want to use for overwintering my bugs and some others. The brug got ll buds on it awhile ago, but at the same time, many aphids & others. I used a strong flush of water to remove them, and was successful, however, most of the blossoms fell off too. (probably TOO strong of a water spray?)

Now they are blooming again, and again (bad timing!) the bugs are back. I've tried the Bayer Multi-Insect spray repeately and it doesn't help. I tried the strong flush of water and it gets rid of most of them, but they always come back, slowly but surely. The darn Bayer is "guaranteed to work", I'm usiing l tbs/gal. and spraying on plants both under and on top of leaves (per instructions). I dont want to lose my buds again. I've waited all winter now for some blooms.

The Bayer says it has cyfluphrin??? (also called Tempo). It was suggested to use Neem but I cannot find it locally.

I have mostly aphids and some flying black bugs that look like mini-fruit flies. The bugs are on other plants, but not as heavily as on the brugs. BRUGS must attract bugs more than any other plant (geramiums, & misc. others)

Suggestions please! I was told to strip the leaves and put the plant in the basement overwinter, but I really want to keep it going over winter and use my greenhouse!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm