Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haase_gw

Brugmansia Lovers Unite, on Facebook

haase
14 years ago

I don't understand. Why can't these comments be discussed on the Brugmansia Forum? - I'm not speaking of the ongoing Bingo Game. I'm speaking of the rest of it, all about Brugmansia.

Somebody please explain it to me!!!

Ingrid

Comments (14)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Ingrid I wish it was busier on here too. Maybe they just wanted a change of scenery? Hopefully things will pick up when it warms up in zones 8 and above. DH complains that whenever I join a social networking site old BF's crawl out of the woodwork. lol

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Ingrid, there is some benefit to other brug sites -- there are new people there that have a place to go to! Either they don't know about this site, or they feel more comfortable elsewhere. At the BLU site, there are lots of new people, to me anyway.

Karyn, too funny! Guess hubby prefers you don't join any other sites, LOL!

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Ingrid, I don't have time right now for much activity online but one thing I did notice is the "sheets and sheets" of photos that are on BLU site, you can look 'em all over and click on any that you like to get a bigger picture of that particular brug. Plus, I don't have the extra step of loading them to photobucket before I post there, great with my time constraints and lack of patience!!
    GW is my first brug forum and I'm not going anywhere!!! Sorry if you are frustrated but folks will be back come spring! It always gets slow here in the winter.
    Karyn, LOL on the old BF's!!! Nice he is jealous! Anyone can find anyone nowadays online! Sometimes you learn things you'ld rather not know! Really!!!!!!

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aaahhh, this forum is so easy and uncomplicated and refreshing for me. I used to look forward to being here every morning.
    Sure hope that the good ole times will come back.
    P.S. I still hate FB for noseing around in here and ruining everything. Grown-ups, leave FB for the kids, will ya! Let THEM have their own thing and stay out of it.

Ingrid

• sekhment
    14 years ago

woow what did miss lol I wont leave ya unless they kick me out Im just sitting around with the winter bla blas
    Cassie

• hong2007
    14 years ago

I agreed, I like this forum better. Maybe because I know most of the "Brug senior" here ;)

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Everyone,
    I was afraid this was gonna happen! I love all of you!
    You'll are my best brug buds! Mike had ask me to host
    bingo on his new site,so I did because he is a friend!
    He wanted to post here but thought he may get in trouble
    with GW so choose not too! I by no means am leaveing GW
    it was just slow due to winter and I was helping Mike.
    I am sorry I have not been posting much! I do care about
    all of you. Spring will soon be here and things will pick
    back up we will be shareing info and photo's telling stories and sharing just like before! There are many sites
    you can learn from them all and meet new people but it
    doesn't mean any one doesn't care about GW. I love you!!!!!
    Susan

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

Ingrid

I've not left! :) And I'm sure others will be back as soon as Brug planting time comes around! For me - April 15th is just around the corner! I'll probably be to busy to do alot of posting here, or anywhere else! lol! Takes alot out of a person, when it comes to Brugs! So much to do! They do keep us busy - but the effort is well worth the joy of having them!

Mike

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Hey guys and gals-
    I tried the facebook scene for a while- so BORING! If I want to converse with someone I will do it through email, and not so the whole world can see it! anyway- people that snubbed me before were crawling out of the woodwork on FB, like they were long lost family! So fake... I love our site here & find so much info, it's priceless to me! I just haven't written much, cuz I'm down with a cold & am getting ready for spring. I appreciate everyone here, especially the old timers. So you all ROCK!
    hugs-
    kasha77

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well it wouldn't be so "dead" here if all you folks had posted HERE, what you posted on FB. I can see that y'all have the time, you just "erred" in the place.

Ingrid

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Hey Ingrid,
    Relax, it's ok to go other places ;-)

Pam

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

I have to agree with you Pam! I'm a member of about eight different groups! Two of the groups are in Germany! We share the same interest - Brugs!

I've met alot of super nice people that I wouldn't have met otherwise! :) Groups & forums are good!!

Sometimes one just has to make the time for each group or forum, and most of all, enjoy the company of others that share the same interests as yourself! One should never limit themselves!

Mike

• lon2250
    14 years ago

It is good to have many places to go. I got intensly depressed and went to FB for the games to get lost in. Winter SUCKS. Now our pipes to the kitchen drainage is broke. Playing in the mud is only fun when done with plants, not sewer pipes. Lol. Love you guys and gals.

Big Hugs
    Kim

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Oh no Kim that sucks! This winter can't end soon enough for me. Mud is only good in the garden or at a spa, definitely not in the house.

I just can't get into FB. With the kids, pets, plants and other responsibilites I only have so much time online and after doing my bills, answering correspondence and a bit of online shopping (mainly nurseries lol) I chose to spend it here.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths