Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Mother Nature is a &%$#!

karyn1
13 years ago

I should have known better and not left brugs outside. It's well below freezing again and snow is predicted tonight. I left several of my larger brugs outside because I'm just so sick and tired of fighting mealy bugs. Of course all the foliage now looks like wet tissue and the tips are damaged. I'm not worried that they are dead or anything but it will take that much longer for them to bloom this season. On the bright side I'll bet the damn mealies are dead. What I am worried about are the super tender plants that I moved into the greenhouse. I hadn't reset the thermostat to 65 so temps were down to around 50 at night. I don't even want to go in there and see what might have happened to them. The past couple weeks with average to warm temps lulled me into a false sense of security and I should know better. We have such erratic weather in the Mid Atlantic. I just hope all my spring flowers and trees that are in bloom or near blooming aren't damaged. So far so good but if we get any amount of snow I think they'll be spent. It figures that the start of the cherry blossom festival is this Sunday. It's too cold to be walking around the tidal basin this weekend. Hopefully the buds will hold and it will warm up next week. DC is so beautiful in the spring.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County