Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzie29_gw

dead rooted cuttings?

suzie29
12 years ago

Can anyone explain why my cuttings died. I started several last year 2010/11 in mix & water. Mix was 100% & water was about 50% success after transfer to soil. This last fall I started a bunch more & was was going great. 100% in mix & about 50% in water. I started them the end of November at our first frost same as year before. They had growth & roots, then around 2 months later they all seemed to STOP all progress & go backwards. The ones in water wilted 1 by 1 till dead. Stronger ones from the water that I transferred to mix a month before slowly all died. The only survivors were the VERY HUGE cuttings 1"+ in size & 1/2 of those stopped growing & just sat there for 2 months, they are now barley starting to grow once again.

Why would they all do this at the same time? I treated them the same as the year before. Most were CG but I am loosing my last cherub & santa rosa. I just lost my last BIG leaf on SR it will probably be dead next week. I dont think they were over or under watered, I let them dry out good between waterings. They went from sooooo healthy to soooo sick. I have probably lost SR & cherub for good since we froze into the teens this year & there are no signs of growth from either mother plant, :-(

ty

suz

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living