Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haase_gw

OT: Iochroma Sunset

haase
14 years ago

This is the little cutting I got from Kartuz Greenhouse. It is now blooming. It is supposed to be "orange", but it looks red to me. I'm wondering if it is tgruly a Iochroma "Sunset", which is supposed to be orange.

I don't care. As long as it is happy and blooms on my patio.

Ingrid
{{gwi:468299}}From Untitled Album

Comments (13)

• chena
    14 years ago

The color can change with the temps... Mine is very Orange in the Summer kinda of pale when it blooms inside in the Winter....I think it is Pretty!!! âºâº

• figara
    14 years ago

Orange or not it does look pretty. I do not have any Iochroma yet but I plan to add a few in the future. They are so nice. Congrats on growing it.
    Pat

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I have seeds for that one! It's beautiful!

Pam

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

That is beautiful Ingrid! Great job you're doing with it! Makes me want to see my purple one in bloom! :)

Mike

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I love it and it looks orange to me. My scarlet and wine iochromas are a much darker red. Actually I like yours better.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

pkponder will you be willing to share your seeds? I have datura-angel trumpet seeds, dble purple and dble yellow-cream color seeds, I have some brugmansi cuttings trying to grow but not sure of the color they still too young for cuttings, I have some seeds planted of brugies but so far only 2 barely sprouting. Thanks Marcie, Does anybody wants to share cuttings of Iochroma? Pretty Please.M.N.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Marcie, I have like 5 seeds that I got in a trade, so not right now. I don't even have them started yet.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Ingrid, that is a beauty and it looks orange to me! There are two pix on DG; one looks sort of pinkish and the other is similar to yours. Congrats and enjoy!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Kylie, whats the secret to growing one of these in Texas? I lost all mine this summer. Do you plant them in the shade, in moist soil? I was thinking about buying them again, and talked myself out of it, but I really do love the way they look, so I may try again. Barbra

• chena
    14 years ago

I plant mine with the Brugs.. Morning Sun and Afternoon shade.. I do pull them in for the Winter and hold some dormant the others have been inside..They are very forgiving.. you can grow these!!

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

That's beautiful, I like the color. So now I have to put Iochroma on the list. I have waaayyy too many plants now.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Kylie, Thank you, I will try again. I have such good luck with the plants I order from Karutz greenhouse. Barbra,

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

Hi, Kylie...I've been drooling over these plants also.
    Do they grow pretty fast...how do they perform as a house
    plant when I take them in for the winter?? They're just
    gorgeous!
    Margaret

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County