Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
going from water to soil

Posted by missKay610 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 16:31

I am new to gardening and someone gave me a few clippings from their angel trumpet plant last summer and I have kept them in water all winter indoors and they have grown and have a good set of roots. Today, I decided to place them in soil and since doing so, the leaves have wilted. They were nice and firm before I placed them in soil.

Help!

I read somewhere that these do best in full sun. Is that right? I have them sitting on my front porch now which just gets morning/early afternoon sun.

Thank you in advance! If I sound like a newbie...it's because I am!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: going from water to soil

• Posted by ednam z7VIRGINIA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 21:57

I would keep them in the shade until they become more established, then move to more sun.

o
RE: going from water to soil

They will make new roots now that they're in soil. The type of roots that plants make in water is different from the type that they make in soil. That may be why they've wilted, but these are brugs and they'll recover quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here