Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brugmansia 3 colors in one plant????

Posted by steelskies (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 16:58

Michigan Bulb Co. has a brugmansia that they say is 3 different colors in one plant? Is that right? Can that be? Any comments? Thank you.

3-in-1 Angel Trumpet

Hailing from South America, this is one of the most exotic and beautiful of the tender perennials. There is no sight more unforgettable than that of an Angel Trumpet heavy with blossoms releasing its intoxicating scent. Our 3-in-1 Angel Trumpet is spectacular with its branches layered in white, pink and yellow blossoms from spring through fall. Few container plants are easier to grow or more rewarding.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brugmansia 3 colors in one plant????

Here's another one of those.....it's just 3 plants in one pot...if you listen to this QVC video they slip that fact in there...so it's just 3 NOID'S in a pot....

Here is a link that might be useful: QVC 3 in 1 Brug

o

And my 2cents worth. They may not be 3 colors either. I bought one 4 years ago and the pink/red has yet to show it's face I got 2 yellows and a white. Beautiful flowers but no pink/red. I have the yellow and the white in the ground.
Noid single white

pa

o

Someone on another forum said they had a larger screen sized television and you could tell that the flowers were fake. It makes sense because I was wondering how all those flowers were exactly the same size and shape. I think the orange looked too orange as well.

I have grown brugs in a pot together as well as three braided brugs together in a pot. It is hard to get them all to bloom at the same time and one will always try to get larger than the other two etc. The pot they had all those in was too small in my opinion to get that kind of blooming and bushiness on 3 brugmansia together.
Maybe if you put them in a half whiskey barrel and root pruned and fed them alot of bloom booster etc. you would have better luck.

I guess you could take three individual blooming plants out of thier pots and combine them and then take the film/photos lol.

o

I find it helpful to see a vendor advertise things that are not true. It makes it easy for me to throw their catalogue in the garbage can. LOL

o

you need an excuse?

o

PA, those flowers are bigger than your head! And I had fun visiting your album, what a gorgeous yard - more fun than a gardener can stand!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here