Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Is winter over yet??

beachplant
14 years ago

I'm so sick of winter! We've had a horrid one this year. The weather has managed to kill off everything that survived Ike with very few exceptions. I've dug out a few of the brugs, they were rotted below ground level and a couple have signs they are alive. There are some rooted cuttings ready to go in and a bucket of cuttings from pre-freeze waiting on me to do something with them. Now we have to cut down the rubber tree. Since so much has died we've decided to make the pond even larger.

Come on Spring!!

Tally HO!

Comments (3)

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

We've had some beautiful weather here for a couple of days, and today, the wind is whipping around like mad. I got home a few minutes ago, and had to clear the driveway of palm fronds in order to park my car in the garage. There are tons of those fronds all over the front and back yards. Ugh, tomorrow I will need to try to break them up to go into the green bin.

Tally, I really hope more of your brugs survive.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    14 years ago

We have had a bad winter here too with weeks and weeks under freezing (not normal for here). Sooo now the temps are up and its raining cats and dogs and I still can't get out and do anything lol. I hope most of your plants all make it. I dug out a bunch of water plants to see if the tubers were bad after this winter and so far the water lilies and lotus I planted last year look good. I had some other water plants that also look pretty good and some have even multiplied...yeah!!

• taz56
    14 years ago

I think spring is trying very hard to get here! lol YAHOO!
    Susan

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County