Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is winter over yet??

Posted by beachplant 9b (beachplant@excite.com) on
Tue, Mar 9, 10 at 17:47

I'm so sick of winter! We've had a horrid one this year. The weather has managed to kill off everything that survived Ike with very few exceptions. I've dug out a few of the brugs, they were rotted below ground level and a couple have signs they are alive. There are some rooted cuttings ready to go in and a bucket of cuttings from pre-freeze waiting on me to do something with them. Now we have to cut down the rubber tree. Since so much has died we've decided to make the pond even larger.
Come on Spring!!
Tally HO!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is winter over yet??

We've had some beautiful weather here for a couple of days, and today, the wind is whipping around like mad. I got home a few minutes ago, and had to clear the driveway of palm fronds in order to park my car in the garage. There are tons of those fronds all over the front and back yards. Ugh, tomorrow I will need to try to break them up to go into the green bin.

Tally, I really hope more of your brugs survive.

o

We have had a bad winter here too with weeks and weeks under freezing (not normal for here). Sooo now the temps are up and its raining cats and dogs and I still can't get out and do anything lol. I hope most of your plants all make it. I dug out a bunch of water plants to see if the tubers were bad after this winter and so far the water lilies and lotus I planted last year look good. I had some other water plants that also look pretty good and some have even multiplied...yeah!!

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 11, 10 at 16:10

I think spring is trying very hard to get here! lol YAHOO!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here