Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Brug. With Most Mite Resistance

PoohBearLvr
11 years ago

Can anyone tell me what variety has the most resistance to spider mites? I have been trying to grow my 'Versicolor' for the past 4 spring/summers, and i get a nice big plant, blooms galore, then i get infested with mites and the plant never recovers from the first attack. And it dies. The first one I had 7 years ago, grew like a weed,never got mites,bloomed nearly year round,but got killed by our last hurricane that hit us, Wilma.

I now no longer have any 'Versicolor'. Anyone have any??? Care to share???? I miss it so much. I now have a very large single white, rooted plant, that I got off of EBay, it is just potted up,to get it growing,before I put it in the ground.

Is there a variety that is resistant to mites? If not...what chemical spray can i use to prevent them, or kill them once my plants are under attack. Does that Bayers insect spray kill the bugs, without killing the Brug.? Or is there a simpler spray to use that will keep my plants alive. I need to get more rooted cuttings, to grow in my yard. At the moment I only have 1 semi nice peach color Brug growing, but it looks so sad. And a new white rooted cutting in a pot, waiting for it to grow big enough to plant in the yard. What can I spray on it to clean up the mites?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County