Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Winter's Back : (

karyn1
14 years ago

Even though I knew we'd have another cold snap I was fooled into thinking that spring was really here. Temps are supposed to be in the 20's at night starting tonight. It's too bad because many of the flowering trees have begun to bloom. Many will probably be toast by Sunday : ( I guess I'll have to turn the GH heater back on.

Comments (8)

• chena
    14 years ago

Oh NO!!! Hopefully it will just dip!! You better turn the heater on! LOLOLOL

• haase
    14 years ago

Just can't imagine it being that cold! Well below freezing.
    We're having 20 degrees Celsius in the daytime, or more. That's 70 and higher.
    Karyn, sent you a pic on the Tree-ID post.

Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

Wow Karyn ! I thought the winter is over but I talked yesterday with my sis in Boston and told me that in the morning was snowing and magnolia and other trees are starting to show buds. Hope that this crazy weather will pass soon and you will enjoy the spring.
    Pat

• taz56
    14 years ago

Dang Girl, sorry to hear that's a bummer. Not to make you
    feel bad but our temps are upper 70's hitting 80 next
    week! How ever we always had a frost before Easter to
    ruin everything but they say not this year! I 'll beleive
    it when it doesn't happen!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Well Karyn, Susan took the words right out of my head! Bummer! We had a 6c below freezing 2 nights ago and 3 below last night. It won't get above 40F until next Wednesday but thats it's a little to early to trust that forecast. I have little bucket size green houses over my spring blooming plants and some early summer risers and they all looked good yesterday but I didn't do that, check again in another day thing to see any tissue damage shows up.

Your zone doesn't seem much better than mine or I'd of said, just be glad you're in the zone your in, it could be worse. Well, yeah, it still could be...lol...

Keep busy and don't let cabin fever (lack of sunlight)
    and what's past bring you down. Or, say a prayer if YOU were that bad... I did have a little chuckle on that...

Those trumpets are coming ;) - Sandy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Karyn, hope it didn't get as cold as expected. We had more high winds at night that knocked off lots of citrus blooms, but not too bad, and not compared to your weather. Hang in there just a little more and soon you will be posting your pictures of your blooming beauties, OUTSIDE!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It never reached the lows that were predicted, thank goodness. That would stink because the cherry blossoms are beginning to open and should peak at the end of the week. It's certainly chilly here but I don't think it even got below freezing. I really wish it was in the 70's consistently already but that won't happen until May. Sandy hopefully you'll warm up soon too.

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

What an odd year. Karyn, this is normal in Colorado, the swing back and forth between winter and spring, but I don't remember the east coast having that problem. We have spring all week, in the 70's after a snow storm skirted our area and went to southern Colorado on Saturday. Still, snow in April is not uncommon here.