Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brugmansia rootings

Posted by janfin50 v8z7g3 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 19:04

Have a question on Planting my rooted brug cuttings

They have been in aireated water for several months
I am wanting to put them in soil-they have lots of roots

dont want to kill them-so what is the best way to do this?
I'm in Victoria bc canada so spring is in the air

Also what is the best way to wakeup my potted Brug?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brugmansia rootings

Use a clean/new pot and clean potting soil. Water thoroughly after you pot it up, to make sure the soil is moist all the way down. This is very important, as dry soil can pull moisture out of the plants roots. I allow my freshly potted specimens to sit in a tray for about 30 minutes, dumping any water which remains after 30 minutes, but, if there is no water, then water some more, until some water remains in the saucer after 30 minutes. This will indicate that the soil is now completely wet. Then I do not water until the soil is dry for a couple of inches down, this can be up to 10 days or even 2 weeks. The plant will not grow much, but it will be forming roots into the new soil. Have to have legs before you can run. When you water again, same thing. Water good, allow to dry some again, you will notice it starting to grow. Water and feed normally now.
To wake up your brug, water well, getting the soil wet, as above. You will soon see shoots, once you get the first leaves, start feeding.

o
RE: brugmansia rootings

• Posted by janfin50 9a victoria bc canad (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 22:35

Thanks appreciate the info!crocusscottage

was lucky today to be able to trade[locally] one of my rooted [potted] yellows with a peach -cant wait til it blooms as she said it is fragrant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here