Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmbill_gw

No Kylie???

rmbill
12 years ago

Does anyone know why Chena, aka Kylie, was booted off this site? She was one of my favorite posters and has so much down home personality that I can't believe they would do that. I read everything that comes on here and I never saw anything improper. This is just not right. Boot me also, if you like. I can always go to the other Brug sites. They are probably not as petty, anyway.

Comments (21)

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Bill, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! Kylie got kicked off the forums?! What the heck is going on? I read here several times a day, and never have I seen anything that should result in her having to leave. I hope someone will email and tell me what's happening!

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Me too. This really sucks.

• Bob_A
    12 years ago

Who moderates these forums?

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Wow, I don't know and haven't heard anything about this. I was about to ask Why I haven't seen a reply or a post from Kylie. Bill, how did you find out she was booted off this site? Someone email me also and let me in on what is going on! If you all leave, email me and let me know where you are going. I've asked this question before, who is in charge of this forum and who elected them to play GOD????????

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jerry, You may have noticed, Kylie is one of those that I share the jokes with and we sometimes email each other. I count her as a friend and enjoy her sense of humor. We need to get this fixed, but how?
    Bill

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Apparently, Kylie doesn't know who she upset, but emailed to try and find out what's going on. Hopefully, someone will get back to her and get this straightened out. We miss you, Kylie!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

She emailed me yesterday. I don't think she's pissed anyone off, at least not this time. lol I think it's likely a technical glitch. I hope that's what it is. Anyway, I gave her the the email of someone in the GW admin to contact. Hopefully we'll be hearing from her soon.

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Thanks Karyn.

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Guess what I did- I copied and pasted on several garden web forums and was booted off as a spammer! I thought I'd save time by doing this and wasn't aware of the consequences. I contacted them right away with the explanation and they responded quickly and restored my right to get back on. Scary! You learn something new every day!:)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I haven't heard back from Kylie. Has anyone heard anything more?

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kylie is the new administrator for the plant exchange on FB. I think she will be great at it and also very busy.
    Bill

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Not again Kylie :0! Maybe admin has your name tagged just because! Hope they straighten this out soon and you are back on. See how we all miss you?

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I just found out the likely reason Kylie's been banned. It's because of her linking the other site. That's against GW policy. I don't think she'd have even thought of that and if she had wouldn't have linked it. I emailed her and told her what was recommended that she do to be reinstated.

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

What other site? I didn't see her post a link to another site. Maybe I should visit more often, but I try to check back here daily. Gosh, I sure hope she's OK!

• kayjones
    12 years ago

She's fine.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Liz I'm talking about the Plant Exchange on Facebook. I'm getting paranoid and am hesitant to even say the name. lol

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Such drama! If Kylie doesn't come back I'll definitely miss her!

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

I thought there was one here at Garden Web.

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

What is the latest with Kylie? I know she is busy with the plant exchange on Facebook. Maybe she doesn't want to come back here. It has been deafeningly quiet here lately. Hopefully, it will get better as the Brugs season progresses. I would have thought it would be booming here with the south already in full swing.
    Bill

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

Kylie is now the head honcho at The Plants Exchange.

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Will miss her here. Guess I need to visit her there.

Sponsored