Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad news!!!

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 20:21

I was planning to give a number of my extra plants for postage, BUT. Last night I let the propane run out for my greenhouse and I froze all of my seedlings and cuttings. I was sure I had enough for the night but I was wrong. The sad thing is I had a full tank setting right there. I also froze my plants that I had in dormancy, until last week, but they will come back. I think most of the cuttings will come back but I"m sure the seedlings are history and they were doing great, too. Oh well, I have more seeds to start.
Dummy me, Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad news!!!

Oh Bill, that's our worst nightmare! I am so sorry for you, and hope many of your brugs surprise you by reviving again.
Wow, so sad! Hope you're able to start again! :)
kasha77

o

Sorry for the miscalculation and resulting loss of plants. Glad that you still have seeds to start again.

After those kinds of mistakes I have learned to give myself "a talking to" and go on. Expect you have also.

o

I'm sorry to hear that happened. If you find that the EF seeds froze I have more that I can send you.

o

Bill,
Sorry to hear of your loss. That has been one of my biggest fears, loseing my plants to a personal mistake. Look at my trade/postage list. Maybe I can help you with replacements if yours don't rebound.
Jerry

o

• Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 18:16

Ouch !! I am amazed the lengths some of you have to go to to enjoy these beautiful plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here