Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hong2007

Certified

hong2007
14 years ago

I am so excided! I have to tell some body. I went down to Los Angles the last 7 days to take a permanent makeup courses, and now I am certified to do permanent makeup. Is any body in this forum doing this?

Comments (21)

• haase
    14 years ago

WOW, how exciting. That is something to think about. I sure could use all the help I can get.
    Wish you much success!

Ingrid

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Hong - Number one desire regarding permanant makeup - eyeliner - very thin line across the upper eyelid and maybe a little shade across the bottom or just a thinner line.
    I wonder where they do that in Canada?
    How much would that cost?
    -Sandy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Ingrid. Sandy, I dont know where in Canada would have permanent makeup artist, but I know the company that I took the course is call Biotouch USA,they are international. The instructor was telling us that one of their headquater is locate in Canada. You can google it, www.biotouch.com. Im not sure the cost of permanent makeup in Canada, but here in California eye brows cost around 500 to 600 hundred dollars, liners around that price for both eyes up and lower lids. My mom has her full lip done up in Sanfrancisco 3 years ago, she paid 550.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Congrats Hong! Are you planning on opening up a shop on your own or working for/with someone else? Good luck.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Congratulations! I know several people that have had permanent eyeliner/lashes and lip color done including my sister. I'm too chicken to get any kind of tattoo. My friends that had reconstruction after having a mastectomy have had the areola tattooed on.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Congratulations Hong!!!!
    Im so happy for you!
    Thats awesome Karyn, I have never heard of that, good use
    for a tatoo!

Karen

• chena
    14 years ago

I have a friend that had her eyes and lips done.. She loves it!!!
    Congrats Hong!!! Very Cool!!

Kylie

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

Congrats Hong! :) You sound excited!

Mike

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I would love to get that done and I love tats but needles around my eyes would freak me out, Good job and I hope you have many many clients.
    cassie

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone :)

Cassie, yes we have to use needle but we have to use numbing cream. The cream contain 7% lidocain, the same thing that the dentist uses before given people a shot in the gum; you will feel pressure but it does not hurt. I did an eye brows, lip, and eye lids to a friend and she is a one bigest baby, but she did not complained once. Im plainning to go back and take some more course, and one of it is paramedic permanent makeup. it is the course that Karyn has mention, it teaches how to camouflage for people that has mastectomy or burn.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

super kool I have a question is the ink used the same as tatto ink?

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Hong - Those aren't terribly bad prices. Although we are the ones taking the risks, so I'd think they'd do it as cheap as a tattoo. Not that I know a thing about how much those are. There's definately a market out there. Us redheads and blondes can only envy the dark lashes and brows of our darker haired peers - that is, that theirs don't come off swimming or by morning or ever...lol

Just always remember there are some mistakes that just can't be undone and I'm sure you'll be as competent as anybody could need you to be - Sandy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sekhment, tatoo ink swell and I think it has more ion oxide. Permanent makeup also has ion oxide but it is very small amount it even less than what the FDA allows.
    Sandy, there is a skin color pigment which allow us to cover mistake or fix the shape, but you are right when perform this type of procedure I have give it 110% of my best.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I was always wondering about the ink, Sandy, you sound like you have had a case of the grass is always greener.... lol I get one of those on a daily basis lol I am one of your darker peers and I envy the fun flirty light hairds, and the fresh, clean wit of the reds, lo to me my bla, bla blackish brown is so boring lolo I wish there was a way to tattoo for the darker people to be lighter I would kill for some sculpted delicate light eyebrows lolol
    Cassie

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

The grass only started looking so greener on the other side when everything else started falling apart...lol I'm having a serious affair with gravity to. And always could of used some of my pork in the right place not 3" away!

Kay sera sera...what ever will be will be...the future is ours to see...but IF it were up to me...

Everybody got there own song and in the end, it's gotta be God's song and nobody else's ;) Thank God - Sandy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sandysseeds007, you have lost me!

• karyn1
    14 years ago

The cruelty of the aging process. lol

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    14 years ago

Congratulations to you on your course. I think it would be fun and rewarding to do permanent makeup especially on burn or cancer patients. It takes real talent to make it look real.
    I am fair and my eyebrows are so light I have to darken them all the time-total PIA! It would be great to get them done so I wouldn't have to mess with all that. I heard that it only lasts a year or so then has to be done again. Is that true?

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Karyn I got It LOL
    sultry_jasmine_night, permanent makeup last up to 5 years and it also depend on your life style. For someone like to tan or in the sun a lot the ink will fade faster. I have my eye brows done and I love it, not more crook brows for me LOL.

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

I knew Karyn's remark would explain my post for you...lol...she summed it up in a nutshell.
    So you got free service did you? Nice to know they have different colors to. - Sandy

• hong2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yep Sandy, it's a beautiful electric blue haha...

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!