Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shorts in Minnesota in March?

Posted by mantorvillain z4bMN Dodge (willbeane2000@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 22:29

This has to be the most bizarre winter since I came to this area 40 yrs ago. The thermometer in the yard hit 83 today and its been in the 70s past 2 weeks (normal high this date is 40). I went down to give the dormant brugs in the basement another small drink and they're trying desperately to wake up. I'll have to get the greenhouses put together so they can come upstairs or I'm gonna have a leggy mess.
Usually dong good to get things up and into the GH by mid april. Who knows if I can get things started this much earlier I may actually get blooms on some of my shy ones.
Will

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shorts in Minnesota in March?

Same thing is happening in Colorado Will. We've been enjoying our bicycles and grilling outdoors, even opening up the house during the day to let the fresh air wash away the winter. I have a landscaping project to be started in April and I'm afraid of what April will bring weather-wise, since March is so off schedule! and my brugs are all up and in windows.

o
RE: Shorts in Minnesota in March?

Hey Will,
Yes, what bizzare weather we are having here in Minn.. Way to warm for this time of year.
I just got back from Lake Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday and it was mid 70's for 4 days up ther. Weird.
Just put all my brugs out tonight just in time for the lightening and rain. Should wake 'em up and energize them.
I am having a good year so far, haven't lost many cuttings due to over-watering.
Jerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here