Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sad day :(

Posted by willie_n_tx (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 22:48

Well yesterday there was apparently a bad wind storm while I was out of town. I come home and nearly all the leaves are blown off or broken in half on my brugs. All of the buds are gone and there are several broken branches.... Hopefully i can nurse them back and maybe they will still bloom this year but it is unlikely. Literaly all the growth tips are gone now :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sad day :(

Don't be too despondent. It is low temps rather than wind that kills Glory Bushes. Just tidy the plant up and cut away parts that you think will have been damaged. I'll be surprised if it doesn't recover.

o

Believe me they'll recover and bloom, probably several times over the course of the summer and fall. There's a long time left in your growing season. Why don't you go ahead and root what broke off. They'll likely bloom in the not too distant future as well if they already had buds on them. It looks terrible now but brugs are amazingly resilient.

o

I'm so sorry to hear about your damage, it's discouraging, isn't it? But, like all of us, you'll just keep on keepin' on and new growth will occur and make your garden pretty again. Keep your chin up!

o

I know for a fact that they will come back and bloom for you again this year. The year has just started, it is springtime. We had this horrible hail-storm some time during the winter months and my one and only brug (at the time) was very damaged, leaves and tips alike. It all came back and in fact they are blooming and putting out trumpets right now, just like nothing ever happened.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 18:40

OH MAN!! The good part is it is early and if you have Blooms now No leaves and blown of blooms will recover in just a couple of weeks.. HEART BREAKING I KNOW!! I am so sorry!!
Can't wait to see the next round of blooms!! I just wish I had a bloom to talk about..LOL ;0)

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 27, 10 at 14:59

Sorry Willie, but it is early spring,they just might bless
you,never know! Wishing you and your brugs the best! :)
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here