Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karyn & Kylie I've got 'new babies'

Posted by antiqueorchid Z-6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 7:53

I was excited to see that 3 seeds that Karyn sent me last summer all came up. I think they are Raab(?). Thanks again Karyn.

I also have 2 seedlings from Kylies painted lady x up and growing. Thank you too, Kylie

I can't wait to see blooms on these guys. I know it won't be this year but does anyone know how long from seed till bloom time?

Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karyn & Kylie I've got 'new babies'

I'm glad to hear it. The seeds I sent are a Rahabana cross, Rahabana being the pod parent. Most of the blooms were pollinated with doubles but some might have been open pollinated. The tags got washed away.

I usually get flowers the second season from seed but have had some take longer. Brenda gets blooms the first season and I assume those that live in warm climates might as well. Good luck.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 11:34

That is great! Congrats!!! I can't wait to see what ya got there!! Mine were open pollinated but there were quite a few blooming at the same time.. Singles, Dbls, and all different colors!

Kylie

o

I didn't get blooms last summer on the ones I had started in March so I doubt I will on these guys either. But hopefully next summer I will see blooms. It is well worth the wait though. I love the scent and blooms of Brugs:)

Denise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here