Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xeriscape8321

Jinny Lind First Flush...Gorgeous!

xeriscape8321
13 years ago

After seeing her first bloom a few weeks ago I was wondering just how she going to look when she set her first flush...well the answer is GORGEOUS! The shape an form of this plant is just beautiful. Lends herself to standard growth with large rounded cluster of foliage on top that fills with blooms.

{{gwi:474286}}

{{gwi:474287}}

{{gwi:474288}}

Comments (15)

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Hooey! That's some gorgeous stuff! Thanks for the encouragement - snow is predicted here tonight ):

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Ooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaaaah that is a beauty!

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Someone has asked me to post pics of what she looks like in the daylight. nighttime shots tend to over exaggerate colors...making them look darker that they really are. Let me tell you, this brug has nice deep, rich color day or night....and holds up to the heat and inclement weather because of a thick corolla.
    Here she is in full morning sun...about 9am...still a beauty

{{gwi:474290}}

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Again, Gary...those babies are something to look at for
    sure. Are you growing yours as standards? I think that
    I'll trim some of mine up this year.

• fengshui05
    13 years ago

I really like that one!
    HJ

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pearlgirl...I really have no choice but to grow as standards. I have a small patio growing area that has 3 sprinkler heads that stand at about 3 feet high. I need to keep as much foliage above that level as possible so that the water will actually make it thru to the brugs in the back row. If i leave big leaves on low branches they will only serve to stop the water right at the leaf and the water will just drip into the pot below. It takes a lot of strategic planning and some very deliberate leaf removals to keep my garden watered at all corners. Keep in mind Fort lauderdale gets blazing hot in the summer and the water requirements just to keep them alive is pretty heavy

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Hi Xeriscape 8321-
    What a beauty! You have the magic touch!I was wondering about her fragrance- I've heard that it's wonderful. Does yours have fragrance?
    Thanks for sharing, great photos!
    kasha77

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh yeah...JT has it listed i believe as a mild fragrance....but here in my yard it's the dominant fragrance....in the eve this plant which stands by my front door will fill my drafty old front door and windows with fragrance so i can smell it in my living room.

• rmbill
    13 years ago

Beautiful plant. I have to have one of those. I keep reading about growing as standards as opposed to something else. What is "standard" and what is the other way?
    Bill

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Standard is growing it like a tree instead of bush. Sometimes it;s painful to trim so severely but the end result is worth it. A standard consists basically of a trunk (bare of foliage) and a three top type growth. I need to do this so that water will move between the trunks and not be obstructed by the foliage. that allows the sprinkler water to move further out and hit the base of all my brugs.

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Gary you have did a wonderful job with that beauty, Thank you for posting it

Elizabeth

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

For some reason, alot of my brugs grow naturally like either a single or double trunk tree here in FL. Seems like they grew more shrublike when I lived in other places.

• msmorningsong
    12 years ago

What exactly is the scent of the flower? Can you describe it to something? ;)

• chena
    12 years ago

Isn't she pretty!! and she takes pollen like crazy!!!!

Kylie

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

Absolutely lovely, Gary!