Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly in finally in Flush!!

Posted by xeriscape8321 Z10 FL Ft. Laud (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 8:52

Again, this is one of my favorite warm weather loving single pinks. Besides being a large flower, the waxy corolla can hold up well in bad weather. She is also one of the most fragrant brugs around. A pod sister to Rosalie, both of these brugs are well suited for the hot humid southern climates. The cross on this one is Rothkirch x Ocre by hybridizer Herta Blin.
This is one of the oldie but goodies. People are so hell bent on getting all the "new" stuff that we forget about those that have been around for years and can out perform those news guys hands down! And they have proven themselves to be hardy......:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterfly in finally in Flush!!

I agree that Butterfly is one of the nicest single pinks and your plant looks beautiful. I'm so jealous of those of you in the warm climates. It will be months before my brugs bloom. I only kept arborea and Sam growing thru the winter and the only reason Sam's not dormant is that I'm waiting for a pod to ripen.

o

It's 90 degrees today so i decided to go outside and show people what a great warm weather brug butterfly is....this is two days after the original pics were taken and the blooms have darkened up significantly.....now THIS is genetics at it's finest. You can be sure i will be using pollen from this baby in the fall to produce some great new prospects......as an added note....for some reason butterfly babies lend themselves to throwing yellow/orange offspring....lets hope for good things this fall/winter

Photobucket

o

Oh geez the color on that is amazing. I had a small plant years ago but lost it. I am definitely going to try and get another. WOW! I love the oldies but goodies :)

o

I agree with Gary, Butterfly is an overlooked classic!

o

I agree with Gary as well. I like many of the older Brugs, Pink Beauty, Georgia Peach, Butterfly, Dorthea, Painted Lady to name a few. Its a lot of fun crossing some of the Euros with them.
It "tones" them down a bit.

o

OOh, I'm so glad you posted these! You had recommended this one to me a few threads back when I was asking for recommendations for a very fragrant pink. Can you recommend a good source for it, because I am convinced this is the one for me!

o

What a beautiful plant! You're right, let's remember the oldies but goodies, in more ways than one LOL!

o

Butterfly still has a few blooms coming in on it. When i when to check them out I realized that she had two six pointed blooms on her...now it has me curious and i wonder just how many six pointers were in that flush she had...I am curious to find out the percentage of 6 pointed blooms to 5 pointers

Here is one of the six pointers i found on Butterfly today

Photobucket

o

Gary
you have some amazing Brugs, what a beautiful color on Butterfly, it's so good to see Blooms, this time of year
Thank you for posting your Beauty

Elizabeth

o

I like the angle of that last picture. Beautiful Butterfly!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here