Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Morning everyone!

fool4flowers
13 years ago

Been working on getting the plants out of the greenhouse and wanted to show Karyn how well the Nun's orchid is blooming. Will try and get it moved so I can get a better pic. Got some of the brugs in the ground and planted a lot of veggies.

{{gwi:475229}}

{{gwi:475230}}

Comments (11)

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Wow, the orchids are wonderful! And go ahead and tease me with your stuff in the ground, I woke up to snow this morning. We had all dang winter for it to snow but noooo, it has to snow in April!!!
    Diane

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Diane. Hope we don't have a late freeze this year. Sorry you got the snow so late.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

The orchid is gorgeous! Those brugs are a nice size so they should take off and bloom quickly for you.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Hi, Kristy, I was wondering what happened to you. I love the nuns orchid. How did you like your greenhouse this winter? Barbra

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Hi Kristy. Long time no see. The orchid looks great. That thing was a monster when I finally divided it.

Diane you are still getting snow? Yikes!!!! I just finished moving almost everything out of the GH. We had better not get any snow while I'm gone!

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I will pray for nice weather for you Karyn, lol. Hope you have a great time. Been a lot going on. The greenhouse did really well this winter though I am debating sealing up the door with the ugly blue tarp since I can never get to in the winter anyway. Didn't lose anything but a couple of little bananas that go overwatered in the greenhouse. The garage didn't fare so well but mostly what looks dead is tropical hibiscus and some other tropicals. Going to try and get some more brugs in the ground and make room in the greenhouse for next winter and not use the garage. (Wishful thinking I'm sure, lol) I really love this orchid. I ordered two more terestrial orchids from Thailand about a month ago but haven't seen them yet. Hope they are as easy and beautiful as this one.

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Hi Kristy,
    WOW, those are awfully big and heavy looking pots for the brugs. They must be hard to move. Just a question, why so big? BTW, nice looking orchid.
    Jerry

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Happy vacation Karyn, I'm sure everything will be fine while you're gone. We only had a small amount of snow, but still, when the trees are flowering and the bulbs are up it kind of deflates your hopes!

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Those are big pots I had that I had never used because they required so much soil to fill them up so when we dug the holes to plant the brugs we scooped out some of the native soil and put in each pot and supplemented the inground brugs with some potting soil. I am growing veggies in those huge pots.

• figara
    13 years ago

Beautiful orchid.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

That orchid is a beauty Kylie! My cymbidium only got one spike this season, where in the past it's gotten five or more :-(

I have a lot of catching up to do. So where is Karyn gone to? What is meant by tropics, Hawaii or somewhere else?

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH