him to make sure he felt welcome

here in Florida.

{{gwi:475234}}{{gwi:475236}}{{gwi:475237}}

Chocolate Brug

Comments (15)

• plantlover49
    14 years ago

CB
    That's absolutely Georgeous,you sure can grow beautiful Brugs, I really enjoy your Blooms

Elizabeth

• haase
    14 years ago

Ditto. What a display!!!
    Ingrid

• roper2008
    14 years ago

Yes, that is very beautiful. I love the doubles.

Linda

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That's another beauty. I hope my Sam looks half as nice as yours.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

CB, that was like a 6 inch plant, what do you do to your plants to get them to grow like that??? I am so glad that its likes you. You really do have a green thumb. Barbra,

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Ooohhh, so pretty. Your brugs look amazing.

• drvongirl
    14 years ago

Wow, that is gorgeous!! I agree with Barbara, what do you do to get such beautiful blooms!! ellen

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning~ I love the chifon texture type doubles but there aren't that many. That's the best pink I've seen.

So Choco, stop teasing us and tell us what's in the soil! Maybe it's lighter than ours or heavier, need to know! And what you're feeding it. What kind of light do you have?
    I saw honeymoon to, is that plant mottled with yellow? That's fantastic to.

You have a wonderful hand with brugs.
    By the way, keep teasing!!! - Sandy

• byrd4460
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Awe Sandy, There is nothing special about the
    Soil here. They are planted in the poorest soil
    around here and for some reason they are growing
    like they like for me to leave them along.

So I have not done anything special to them but
    have forgotten several times they were around
    the house so they went liking on watering and
    feeding them.

Chocolate Brug

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

See I told you he has a green thumb! There are people in this world who can grow trees from tooth picks, and CB is one of them. I am so glad that Sam does well for you. Maybe mine will bloom this year too, I kept it outside during the winter, it starting to come back from the roots. Barbra,

• byrd4460
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Barb/honeybunny, You have to be proud of this
    one, it will do wonderful for you there in the
    Texas heat. This one Gets the brutal Sun all
    day long and never seems to take a bow from the
    heat. So today it stands about four feet tall
    and was the first to start blooming in flushes.

Chocolate Brug

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Just beautiful!

Karen

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Well I wouldn't have believed that if God told me! Nope, just me daydreaming again...lol. Ok. so re-program brain to starve brugs occasionally, ummm, I'm not sure I'll be good at that, but I'll remember not to be heavy handed with the water. I also learn that just because a brug's leaves are wilting doesn't necessarily mean it's thirsty if it's HOT outside and the only way to know is to wait until it cools outside, usually at night and see if they perk up. Of coarse, one can question how long it's been since it's been watered. I hate root die back. It sets my plants months behind and can happen either under OR over watering. But like Karyn once said, you can recover a brug's roots if they've dryed a bit but you can't recover rotten roots or stem. Just a reminder for others, obviously you don't need to hear this Choco!

One more question - is your soil there sandy? I believe perlite is suppose to do the same job for drainage.

-Sandy

• danasplants
    14 years ago

I was thinking it was the recipe! lol Yup you sure grow so awesome brugs they have to miss you sharing your great pic's on Daves Thank you for sharing! You give me hope if its in the soil mine should get going directly lol i'm not far from you

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

I hope when my Sam grows up, he will look as handsome as yours CB! Stunning!