Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Brug pics and questions as usual

lovetogrowflowers
13 years ago

Below are pictures of four brugs, three of mine, and one pic from the forum comparing my foliage to theirs. One of mine has foliage and the other two no foliage. I may just be being impatient. I guess what worries me is the first two pics, both of those were kept and cared for over winter in the same place. They're not planted as close as the pics make them look (LOL)

The one that has foliage had foliage before I even put it in the ground. The other did not. Upon taking them out of their pots both seem to have some nice roots.

First two pics cared for same way all winter:

{{gwi:475798}}{{gwi:475799}}

Question: Last year these brugs looked terrible when I first got them, but I nursed them back and they turned out looking great. You can see that post here:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/brug/msg1010582729570.html

My question is, why do the leaves look bumpy and curled under? I had that problem last year. From the link above you can see they overcame it, but I am not sure what I did. I do remember using Ironite, some insecticide and epsom salt as well. Just not sure what their lacking and what causes bumpy foliage compared to smooth foliage I've seen. I remember last year mosiac being ruled out, but just not sure. Does it look like mosiac? Also, how much epsom salt is it you use cause I forget?

Next pic: This one was put into the ground last year, it stood about 3-4 feet tall, had beautiful foliage but never bloomed. The other two did. Not so much worried about the not blooming as I am about it also having no foliage yet. I mulched it very well just to be safe. I have dug around looking for any sign of foliage and even removed lots of the mulch so some sun could get to it. Any ideas?

{{gwi:475802}}

Last pic: This pic is the one I wanted to show you their foliage compared to mine above in the first pic. Mine looks bumpy and mottled and theirs looks very smooth. What would cause this besides mosiac? I mean I have no clue if its mosiac. You can see pics from what they looked liked last year in the link I posted above.

It seems like last year the curling stopped after spraying with insecticide. Is it to early for this little guy to handle a spraying?

{{gwi:475803}}

I apologize for this being so long. I just want to get as much info as I can.

Thanks for everything. :)

Comments (2)