Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugmansia Mustafa

Posted by arghyagardengirl 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 10:46

Here's a new one from us. Mustafa is a little guy, a pure pet of a Brug. He's a The Chief x MM cross of small stature (8 - 9") and lovely form. Nice lemony/almond/spice fragrance. I've made him into a standard just 24" tall and keep him close to me in the semi-shade of my potting area.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugmansia Mustafa

Yummy, Yummy, That's a nice one to have in
my Garden. You grow some downright Gorgeous
Brugs.
Cb

o

Beautiful Liz!!!

o

I must admit, this little guy just got to me. I simply have to keep him near. While I'm potting up in my Tabernacle (the potting area), I actually talk to this guy, pick around on his leaves and flowers and happily count his pods.
A pure pet.
The only thing I DON'T do is take him for a walk. :)

o

He is sure a cutie !!

o

That's a beauty and it sounds like a nice fragrance.

o

"While I'm potting up in my Tabernacle (the potting area), I actually talk to this guy, pick around on his leaves and flowers and happily count his pods."

She has a Tabernacle. I have a POT GHETTO LOL!!!

Mustafa is a great one. He looks like one of those fat boys. Lemony-almond, Yum, now I just need a sprinkle of poppy seeds :)

o

Something strange indeed. On a cool February day with a lovely overcast sky, Mustafa decided to be orange. Where that came from is anybody's guess. :)

Mustafa

o

Liz I love the orange. What is MM? Mountain Magic?
Bill

o

Now that is orange.
Jerry

o

So so pretty now I see what I have to look forward when my cuttings from Kathy start blooming, and also the cuttings from Bill, I have some seeds to sow but I am nervous about the timing for its not spring yet and I am afraid that if I plant now they might not grow because the temps are not high yet, and if I start them inside they might not make it any suggestions? Thanks Marcie

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 16:18

I so LOVE this guy!! I'll walk him for ya!!
All the way to Texas..LOL

Kylie

o

Yes Bill. MM is Mountain Magic. :)

Hey Kylie! Arf! Arf! Arf! LOL! :)

o

I like the idea of a small brug though I am not much for orange. I have not seen an orange one in person, perhaps this one would change my mind. The lemony/almond/spice fragrance sound nice.

A question for anyone/everyone:
I am fairly new to growing brugs, just a few years. Do you pinch off the growing point to keep them short? I had one that stayed short the first year, about 3 ft, when it bloomed but lost it over the winter. Took cuttings and hope it stays short and blooms this summer. I could see keeping a short one for a "pet". I'd even let Kylie walk it.

o

Ooops, I see on your site this one is pink. Sorry. I like pink!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here