Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danasplants

German Brugs on ebay

danasplants
14 years ago

Take a look i had to bid but too rich for my blood going to watch they will go for big money!

Comments (18)

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

They are really nice brugs.

The seller is amazing. People know that and buy with confidence.

I like Herbstzauber!!!

:)

• danasplants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I like them all you know like potato chip just can't have one lol

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I knew I would have to sell one of my kidneys to bid on them but I did lololol. and an hour later I was out bid! lol I need my other kidney so I guess I'm out of the game hahahahah

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

If you want it bad enough, you could go stand on the corner to earn some extra cash

wink wink.

LOL

• ruth_ann
    14 years ago

Jeff you are Sooooo bad! Stop enabling these girls.

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

Who me??????

: D

• sekhment
    14 years ago

yeah know I cant say that it hasent come to mind,lololl. I think I'll opt to sit in the dark with out electric for one ahahahah . na I have to have heat I live in michigan its like 37 here right now hahaha I am gonna try for the new one they just put on there but Im sure Ill be out bid lolol Thats the fun of it .

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

Couple of blankets can keep you warm. so does the excitement and glow of enjoyment from a new brug.

Just look at those pictures in the forum.

mmmmmmmmmm...

• danasplants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They only went for a hundred bucks whats that a decent dinner out with a few drinks lol

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

Look a the comparison, a dinner passes through you in 12 to 24 hours and is gone; drinks, even shorter.

A brug can last for years and years. You can enjoy it's beauty several times during the season.

• peony_tx
    14 years ago

There are plenty of people who can't afford $100 plants nor $100 dinners - with or without drinks.

Buying a plant is no guarantee that you'll have it for years, really.

However, I think the price is high when you compare them to other brugmansias available. I also think they are worth it.

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

Up to this point in the thread, it was a light hearted one. I think you somehow did not get the essence of it.

"There are plenty of people who can't afford $100 plants nor $100 dinners - with or without drinks"

Obviously, or the price would have been a lot higher.

The seller has a very good reputation for her plants and I think those who are willing to pay the price to be amongst the first to have this variety will most certainly have it for years. The price weeds out the novice brug grower asap.

When you compare these brugs, you need to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

I am glad that the brug s went for as much as they did. I'm sure Alice has made a sizable investment to first buy cuttings of Monika's plants and then when you factor in shipping costs, phytosanitary certificates and brokerage fees -it is really nice to see that she can recoup some of her money back.

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Those are really beautiful. I'm a newbie and that was my first look at ebay brug listings. I've been trying to keep my collection under control, but all the enablers here are making it so very difficult.

• peony_tx
    14 years ago

I wasn't criticizing Alice at all. I have a great deal of respect for her. I'm sure that she will give value for the price, trust me.

My sensitivity was to the "what's a hundred dollars" theme in the thread. Not the cost of the plants themselves.

If I over reacted then I apologize.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

Well, folks there are more on there , so I'm gonna give it another go. lolol Who needs lights hhahah I have the sun, and it is almost warm here at times lolol. You guys are to funny. But they are a large amount of money to me, but I'm gonna keep tryin. that said one day when I do get my hands on one it will be that much more sweeter! MMWWAAAAHHhhhhhaa

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'd never spend much on a brug. They are so easily propagated and within a couple years will be available for a fraction of the original cost. There's so many gorgeous varieties. I don't care if I'm not one of the first to have a new variety. Plants that aren't easily propagated are another story and I will pay what some might consider a ridiculous amount for something that's difficult to clone or grow from seed.

• danasplants
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sekhment go for the rooted! lol Trying to get these Monika cuttings to root is a trick for sure. So far so good but I would rather have them already rooted. But price is right for cuttings. The german brugs are the bomb! Its nice that they hold the value do all that work to produce such a fine plant to have some one else get it grow it and sell it for 3-4 dollars a stick. That would break my heart there smart. Mr Sommer has quite a few decent brugs on there now You can have in your mind whats somethings worth, its only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

LOL yep I know I have a couple that were very tricky to root for me to lolol. I have one right now that I think wants to root dry lolol. I am trying but I just had to empty my pockets for the kids I only have 3 but they are breaking me. lolol, 2 are in teakwondo, 2 are in young marines,ones going in band, and a garden club. and riding lessons, and they smacked me with school pics. Thats it I'm gonna sell them on ebay! heheheh just a joke maybe lolol.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner