Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More OT!

Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 14:29

Can you say Taste like Chicken!!!
I was out cleaning up the plants after the 50mph winds for 2 days and came across these 2 guys.. The Snake is a Western Plains Garter.. The Toad..well Supper.

Kylie

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More OT!

What a cool shot! I guess nothing was gonna interupt his dinner lol. Poor little hoppy toad.
We had a big black snake get into the chicken coop last summer and ate so many eggs he couldn't move and was taking a siesta in the nestbox. So we just picked him up and carried him to the other side of the property and he hasn't come back, YET, lol.
Lenette

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 17:29

LOL.. When we had Chickens.. just about every morning there was a Rat/Bull Snake in the boxes.. I would just take a feed sack and put it up to the box and they would slither right in..and I would relocate them to the back.. It use to spook me .. But after a while you just knew to look before you stuck your hand in..

o

OH MY WORD! I would have fainted dead away! I probaly would have been his resting (digestion) place! I'm not afaid of anything other than snakes!

o

That's a wonderful shot Kylie! Those of you with chickens, I'd be furious at losing my eggs to snakes! I'm waiting to see my garden snakes come out for the summer. I usually have around 4, all over the yard, not counting babies.

o

Thank goodness, I do not see snakes in our yard. I guess its because we have 3 dogs. Once in awhile I see a dead one after Gary cuts the grass. Oct 2009, Lucy was bitten on the nose, she survived. Now they all get the rattlesnake shot. Barbra

o
Snakes!

I saw my snakes for the first time today. I've been having foundation work done on the house and haven't wanted to look out there, but when I checked, by golly they were doing their thing! Look at their little heads all pointing in the same direction! I think they're adorable, don't you?
Photobucket

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 21, 11 at 20:14

HOW COOL!!!!! Great Pic!!!!! YAY!!

Kylie

o

You guys and your snakes -- totally creeps me out! I too would faint if I ever saw a snake in my yard. Know I wouldn't sleep for days thinking it could come in my house, lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here