Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvbrugs

newbie, kinda, how do you...

luvbrugs
13 years ago

How do you get your plants? i can't trade because i have very little to even try to share. I love gardening and i saw there are trade forums, but i can't because i have nothing to give..., home depot and lowes, are ok, but they dont have a lot of plants. Do you buy somewhere else? can i offer to pay a member instead of trade?

please give me some ideas, it is spring and i really want to make my yard pretty and take care of it nicely.

thanks

Comments (13)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

There's a number of online nurseries and reliable sellers on Ebay. One of the best online nurseries IMO is Country Garden. If you do a search thru the forum you'll find a list of brug sellers. Fall is the best time to get cuttings from forum members though some might have cuttings available in the spring.

• figara
    13 years ago

Luvbrugs, I share your frustration, I was/still am in the same situation like you. I was very frustrated that I had nothing or almost nothing to trade a few month ago but soon after I joined this forum dear Brenda offered a package for newbies,then people offered seeds, another time, somebody was looking for seeds of a plant I happend to have. I did not ask anything in return but I was offered some seeds. I went to nurseries, I bought from eBay, from on line nursery. I do not have much but I have more that I had in august last year:-). I think once you get your ball rolling is going to be easer.

You do not have an email on your page. You may want to add one for people to contact you.
    I have a rooted noid pink brug and some yellow seeds if you want. I can send them for postage. Let me know.
    Pat

• haase
    13 years ago

Try www.kartuz.com. (Kartuz nurseries).
    Ingrid

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Get to know neighbors who like to garden. Gardeners love to share and will help you out when they divide or cut back plants. Check for a GW forum that relates to your region of the country. You may find a plant swap or someone nearby so it's easy.

Check at Lowe's often for a clearance rack. Most of the Lowe's in my area move plants that are a little past their prime to clearance and mark them down significantly. Perennials planted now will be beautiful next year and annuals just need a little trim and water to bloom again. You can get good deals on basics and save the budget for special plants.

It may seem slow going at first, but soon you'll have plants and seeds to share.

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

You may send me an email if you like. I have seeds that I
    can share with you. Perhaps a few perennials also, if you are
    willing to pay the postage
    Margaret

• chena
    13 years ago

What all are your looking for?? Just Brugs? I still have some Brug seed for S&H.. I have lots of other seed as well..

Maybe everyone should just post what they are looking for or start a new thread ..We have all been in this position.. Nothing like sharing!âºâº

Kylie

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I don't have anymore brug seeds but I have lots of annuals and perennials.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

luvbrugs, if you would like cuttings of my noid yellow, you can have some for postage. I am shaping this as a standard so will be cutting the bottom branches off anyway.

{{gwi:479125}}

• mamiof4
    13 years ago

I am in the same position except that I am a complete a newbie. First house, first garden and it is a little overwhelming. I have been buying some of my stuff off of ebay and some from local nurseries. I live in a small town so local is at least 30-45 min away so I really like ebay. I hope to participate with freebies next year when things really get going. The thing I learned from this site is patience.

• chena
    13 years ago

That is Beautiful El!!!

• luvbrugs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Beautiful brug Eloise,
    thanks so much to everyone for your generosity, and YES please let me know where i can send the money. I am looking basically for everything! I am from Peru, where i had a beautiful garden thanks to my mom, i live in Garland Texas now, and building my backyard is proving difficult. I have lots of noid mums, that is about it :( , I also have some from the generosity of lucy and Brenda, thanks to you girls :)

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

luvbrugs, send me an email as you don't have one listed.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

You are a local! Let me see what I can dig up. Will you email me please, Luvbrugs?

Pam

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area