Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

Sending you Texas greetings

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

I have not managed to get to know all the new folks that joined the forum...it will come.

But with the old going out...new comes in. Same thing is happening in my Garden. Way to many Old plants...mostly Brugs...died...and are gone...but just look at the new things happening.
{{gwi:479211}}From Pictures for GW friends

1st time this red Iochroma is blooming for me.
{{gwi:479212}}From Pictures for GW friends

Wonderful Pommengrade (spelling still sucks roflmao) Some things just do not change ha ha ha

But I am so looking forward to watch this one grow.
{{gwi:479213}}From Pictures for GW friends

Funny how all the yellow Columbines ended up in the same flowerbed. Since the seeds were mixed and I had no idea what color they had.

By the way...do they come back year after year?
{{gwi:479214}}From Pictures for GW friends

2nd year Clematis

When I thought the brugs would make it and this would not...well here is the proof that I was totally wrong. This will be one of the rare plants that get to go back in the shed come wintertime lol

{{gwi:479215}}From Pictures for GW friends

Last a picture of the work in progress...well been working on it for 3 years now roflmao. But this year thanks to Kristy, I was able to lay most of the walkway with the rocks that I had envisioned for that project.

Ohhhhhhhhh Kristy...did you read that? lol Need more rocks lol

With this I am sending out the best wishes to all of the folks here at the forum. Old and new.

To all the ones that know me and how much I like to hug...here comes one for anybody wanting one...grab it...

HUG

till next time...

Lucy

Comments (17)

• haase
    14 years ago

Lucy, I'm hugging you back. Beautiful pictures, thanks.
    I don't think you have to bring the Clematis indoors for the winter. We had one along the wall of our little house in Tyrol (Austria) for years. We just cut it down, almost to the ground, and it came back OK every year. And you know how much snow there is in Tyrol.

Ingrid

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy, I'm sending a big hug for you!

I am shocked that your in ground brugs didn't survive, mine are slow coming back, but still made it and we were colder.

The Texas Gold Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha hinckleyana) is an evergreen perennial here, but it gets sad looking in the heat. Mine just started blooming here up north.

The iochroma and pomegranate are totally hot!It's great to see pictures of your lovely garden!

Pam

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Lucy, hiiiiiiiiiiii, omg everything looks so great, you garden is beautiful

• threas
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy!!! Wow, your flowers and gardens are beautiful!

((HUGS))Theresa

• figara
    14 years ago

Hugs back to you Lucy. It was such a nice surprise to see your posting. Your garden looks beautiful.
    I planted this year a bare root pomegranate and doesn't have leaves yet:-( Hope it will make it.
    Hugs
    Pat

• chena
    14 years ago

BIIIIGG!!! HUGS TO YA HON!!! Pretty Pretty Pic's.. Don't give up on your Brugs just yet! It is early we have had a Cold and lengthy Winter..All this rain and a bit of sunshine some Texas heat..YUM!!!â¥â¥â¥

Kylie

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy. You got a big ole Minnesippi hug right back. Now that spring is coming to the northland I don't check the forum out as often. I carried a bunch of cuttings over the winter so will have some duplicates I could send if you need replacement brugs. LMK...Will

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid thanks...I will try to find a permanent home for the Clematis. One more plant I do not have to haul in, come winter :-)

Pam hi there. No the in ground brugs are trying to come back. So far it is like half/half. Depending on the spot and I guess how old they were when planted last year. It is the ones I hauled into the shed that show no sign of life. Plumeria's gone...Hibiscus' also show no sign...so like I said...Plants either go in the ground or else !

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Siam :-) You MUST KNOW that I was thinking about you a lot when I saw that a short Canna is blooming already. I guess the lil fellow could not wait any longer lol

Theresa thanks. Great to see you! It is a LONG way away from looking great...Camera's cheat roflmao. But at least the front looks fairly decent this year. Besides...daughter should arrive here shortly today. So help is on the way and I might just get to finish painting the house this year. 3rd year I am working on. Come to think of it...I might just start painting from the beginning again. Should be just about time to do a re coating or? roflmao

Pat I bought the Pomegranate ...p.s. thanks for the right spelling :-), at my favorite nursery in Briggs. A very small town and not right around the corner...well if you think TEXAS...you might say it is ha ha ha ha She had a few of em and told me to pick that one...since it has put on the buds already. Crossing my fingers for yours!

Kylie lol. Gosh I miss your laughter and fun spirit to hang out with. Hope you are going to text me one more time so I can safe your number lol. Oh trust me...the pots with the dead looking sticks will stay until I know for sure they are really dead. That would be right around when the heat is killing me roflmao

Will you go ahead and enjoy the spring. Glad it got to you too :-) Isn't it just the best feeling in the world when you can go out there and enjoy the garden? Even if it is work around now :-) thanks for the offer. But this gardener is going to go with drought tolerant plants from now on. So what I have, I will of course continue to grow and love. But I will not add anymore new brugs.

So.........does that mean I can stay ? Or move on to the Texas forum? lol

Time to move on...to the farming lol

Not quite over it yet ha ha ha

thanks for all the hugs and smiles you gave me back
    Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

You better keep your self here!!! I hope to make it to Cove sometime soon. I have a friend coming in she is staying for 10 days.. BUT after that I might need a vacation..LOL
    We can go to the drive thru Zoo and Oma's.. LOL â¥â¥â¥

• thahalibut
    14 years ago

everything is beautiful Lucy!
    big HUGS
    tim

• txtearose2010
    14 years ago

Lucy, your garden is just beautiful. I thought my brugs had died this year as we had really cold weather, but yesterday I noticed tiny leaves coming from the bases of two of the four I planted last year. Maybe, yours will surprise you again. Faye

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hey Lucy, great pictures!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy!

and everyone else too! The spring weather has been so pretty and it is just a busy season all around, I have not had much time for the forums!

I hope you are well! Your clematis and columbines are lovely! and your stone project is amazing!

Have a wonderful day !

Frances

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy, good to hear from you and see how great your garden is.

You can stay right here where we keep up with you. Of course some of us are on both this one and the Texas forum so you don't have to quit one to do the other.

• knotz
    14 years ago

Very pretty Lucy!!!...I bet your whole yard is beautiful!!!

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Lucy everything looks beautiful!!! Can tell you have been working hard!!!

Mary

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Your garden looks fantastic Lucy! I love the pomegranate bloom and wish my small plant would produce some fruit :-(

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!