Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rednofl

Cuttings for postage 2nd year

rednofl
9 years ago

I have been under the weather this year and finally ready to cut back my brugs .... I see a lot of people ask for cuttings and since we had a warm winter 3 years here in Fla. I have lots to trim Adora, National habitat, a single Peach and a Yellow noid which is very fragrant, probably Charles grimaldi . I also have a pink that will get huge 10 x 10 with 100+ flushes and really likes hot weather
I can send you 6 cuttings in a priority mail env for $6 or trade I am looking for Bromiliads, plumaria, let me know what you have , If you email me make sure to include your email addy as many of you have your email blocked by garden web and I never see it , dont wait too long its getting hot here quick.....

Comments (56)

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yellow and pinks are all thats left, I have plenty of pinks if anybody still wants some

I root in water with an airstone add a little kelp or alfalfa and almost always 100% success , if you cant aerate change the water every few days

enjoy

• mzrea
    9 years ago

Hello rednofl, i would like to have some of your cuttings for postage...plmk ...asap

MzRea

• marcie_new
    9 years ago

Its kind of late but if youstill have cuttings I will take some please let me know and I can do paypal or snail mail Thanks Marcie

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Marcie
    I still have plenty of pinks Adora and the 2 noids A few yellow charles grimaldi
    the peaches had a lot of bad wood so they are all gone.
    My email address is in one of my responses above if you need it

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    9 years ago

Hi Red,

You have email from me. :)

Carol in Jacksonville

• flowerladylorraine
    9 years ago

Hi ~ I also just sent you an email if you still have any of the pinks and yellow left.

Thank you for sharing.

FlowerLady

• monet_g
    9 years ago

I don't need anything, but wanted to say that it's very nice for sharing, Well done!

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Monet I hate to waste good wood and with the warm winters we have been having I either throw it away or hopefully get someone started enjoying these beautiful plants

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

PLEASE I AM ONLY SHIPPING TO THE USA PRIORITY MAIL. I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMS FORMS AND SUCH WAY TOO TIME CONSUMING . PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO SHIP OUT OF THE USA .

THANK YOU

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Id love to get some cuttings from you. am messaging you now.

9 years ago

Red, thank you, thank you, thank you! I received the cuttings and they are green and in beautiful shape! I had them planted up within 15 minutes of receiving them - after sharing one with my postal delivery lady who loves plants, too. I hope you receive your box of bromeliads today and like them half as much as I love your brugs! :)

Carol in Jacksonville

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Carol for the queen of tears ... very happy pups

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I only have pinks left Adora and 2 noid's one being the big heat tolerant bush type Both noids are nodding types.

9 years ago

Id love to get some please email me I never got a response from my first email, is there anything on my list youd like?

• Trude123
    9 years ago

Do you have any cuttings left. I would love some. I can send postage today. Tude

• flowerladylorraine
    9 years ago

I got my cuttings yesterday, thank you very much. I look forward to watching them grow and then burst into bloom.

FlowerLady

• weomichelle
    9 years ago

Thank you!!!! Every one of my cuttings have leaves and are thriving. Thank you for being so generous and helpful.

• Trude123
    9 years ago

HI Don't know if you got my email. Mine is trudedonery@q.com. I would still love to have some cuttings if you have any left. Thanks, Trude

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Trude
    ck your email

Still got some pinks if anyone wants some

I took out one of the old pink noids this weekend the main trunk was 3" in diameter
    Replaced it with a varagated brug Mya

9 years ago

Ooooo, that Mya is pretty!

Just wanted to let you know that rooting all of your cuttings was easy, all have leafed out and are now planted in the ground. Woo-hoo! Let them enjoy this 95-degree day!

Carol

• eloise_ca
    9 years ago

Beautiful b. Maya! Love those variegated brugs, but they don't love me :-(

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carol
    With 5 of that particular one you will have a Brug jungle she could be almost invasive, as limbs fall off they root and spread , give her lots of water the first year.

Eloise
    That variegated brug came from someone in So Cal very hot and dry location and was grown in almost full sun. Im hoping she likes a little moister environment.

I sent out over a hundred cuttings this year , I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do...

9 years ago

Red, I've been watering them every day but thanks for the reminder/notice! In June, there will be a few days that they'll have to make it on their own - hope they can do that.

Only four ended up in my yard - you sent me six - one went to the mail lady and the other to my sister who was at least as excited as me - maybe even more! I can tell by the vigor with which these rooted that they're going to be good. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for them if they are going to take over. I've had a plant or two try to own the yard before. Like a dog marking its territory, LOL.

Carol

• Shorty_CA
    9 years ago

If you have any cuttings left I'd love a few. My email addy is smwebb (at) msn.com.

• Trude123
    9 years ago

My cuttings came today and look great. Thank you so very much. Trude

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carol
    I would be curious what would happen if I let it go. Now I need to get it under control so I have room for a few new ones...
    Trude I would be curious how the one marked BP does in your Z4
    Enjoy

9 years ago

Red, I have never had a brug get so vigorous that it took over, so I'm eager to see what happens, too! Kind of exciting! I will take photos and post updates in a few weeks.

Carol

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi gastone21
    Send me another email and include your email addy .
    Yes I still have the 2 pink ones
    Carol
    Take some pics after 3 years no frost and you will see what I mean, probably doesn't happen where you are very often. So far even the torpedo grass has a hard time competing.

9 years ago

Haha, I wish I could get that photo for you! Yeah, you're exactly right... that's why brugs never get the chance to take over up here in Jax.

Here's one of your babies: big Monster Pink, of course. He went into a new bed where he'll have plenty of room to stretch out.

Carol

• Patsey Nelson
    9 years ago

Hi,
    I don't know if you have any left, but I would sure appreciate them if you do. I lost all of my beautiful Brugs and Bananas this year. Hardest winter we have had in a long time.
    Thank you either way.
    Patsey

• technodweeb
    9 years ago

Wow, that's wonderful that everyone is still swapping cuttings. I wish I had come here to offer mine last fall.

I had so many, I had to throw them away. But after all these years, I have a "Breezy/Christine", a Pink Smitty, a First Belle, a Sun Sport, NOL, and a Kongmansia. My "inca" fell off the trailer on the road somewhere so I'm ordering new ones.

Good to see people still love these. Mine are now so large, I may have to give them away to someone younger and try to start over! (grin)

• Shorty_CA
    9 years ago

I just potted four of the big pink cuttings I received. They have good roots and a few new leaves. I'm so excited.

In another week, three other cuttings will be ready to pot as well.

I'm a new gardener and I'm so thrilled that there are experienced gardeners who are willing to share their successes.

9 years ago

technodweeb when you trim yours Id love to have some cuttings. I have a very small collection and trying to grow it. was gonna send you a pm but there is no link in your member page.
    cinnie0

rednofl I decided to skip on the noids. maybe I will catch your offer next year.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pink is still available
    Midway I sent you an email
    Technoweeb I dont offer during the fall as everyone up north has lots to give away if you want to do a swap this fall let me know I am always looking for something different
    Shorty ,, sounds like you got them all to root very cool and congrats
    Cinnie Hopefully Ill have a few more variaties to offer next year
    Anyone who got cuttings just curious how they did

Robert

• hazelnut_nut
    9 years ago

Hello Rednofl,
    I would love to have some pink if it's still available, I can send $ for postage, Just let me know.
    Thanks, Olivia

• Patsey Nelson
    9 years ago

Hello Red,
    I am so appreciative of your email. Let me know what I owe you.
    I will email my address if I forgot too.I hardly ever lost one and then this year, I lost them all.
    Thank you so much,
    Patsey

• jackjo
    9 years ago

I would love some cutting for postage...
    thank you...I sent you a personal email also

• smb1_sunshinegg
    9 years ago

Hello Red,
    I have been dreaming of having my very 1st Brug. I know this e-mail is late in the mist of summer. However, if you a have small cutting of pink to share you would make my year! :)
    I can send postage promptly. My email is get2smb_now@yahoo.com
    Thank you, Shawndel

• smb1_sunshinegg
    9 years ago

Hello Red,
    I have been dreaming of having my very 1st Brug. I know this e-mail is late in the mist of summer. However, if you a have small cutting of pink to share you would make my year! :)
    Thank you, Shawndel

• smb1_sunshinegg
    9 years ago

Hello Red,
    Thank you, Shawndel

• smb1_sunshinegg
    9 years ago

Hello Red,
    Thank you, Shawndel

• mzrea
    9 years ago

Hello, im pretty sure all your cuttings are gone.
    If any chance you have any for postage this fall
    I would likt to send postage for some of your cuttings.

Thanks,
    MzRea

• mzrea
    9 years ago

ok, i see the problem my email was blocked

• halley_rose
    9 years ago

I got cuttings from you last year and I'm hooked. If you have any left for postage I'd like some again this year. Color doesn't matter.
    debjean13581@yahoo.com

This post was edited by halley_rose on Sun, Sep 14, 14 at 11:36

• carrie751
    9 years ago

Hey, Red.................did you get my email????

• mzrea
    9 years ago

I would love some of your cuttings.

• tomthebeeguy
    9 years ago

If you still have burgs for postage I would love to get some. I have a greenhouse again and remember my burg covering the north wall of my huge greenhouse my son built me years ago.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pinks and peaches are still available send me an email make sure you include your email

• rowtow
    9 years ago

Have you ever sent cuttings to Canada

• rednofl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes and I never heard back so I assume she got them ok .
    Look up a priority mail international flat rate envelope for an Idea on cost add a couple bucks to cover the paypal fees etc...
    This prob is not the time of year to be mailing to you , I assume freezing would not be good for your cuttings
    send me a email if your interested