Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuttings for postage 2nd year

Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 17:49

I have been under the weather this year and finally ready to cut back my brugs .... I see a lot of people ask for cuttings and since we had a warm winter 3 years here in Fla. I have lots to trim Adora, National habitat, a single Peach and a Yellow noid which is very fragrant, probably Charles grimaldi . I also have a pink that will get huge 10 x 10 with 100+ flushes and really likes hot weather
I can send you 6 cuttings in a priority mail env for $6 or trade I am looking for Bromiliads, plumaria, let me know what you have , If you email me make sure to include your email addy as many of you have your email blocked by garden web and I never see it , dont wait too long its getting hot here quick.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuttings for postage 2nd year

I would love to have a couple of the yellow noid and 4 of the huge pink. I don't have either of the plants you are looking for and will gladly pay the $6 you are asking. My email address is. Chrisro81947@yahoo.com

o

Hi! I'm interested. Please, let me know.

o

Hi,

I sent you a email, I am interested too. Last year was my first brug and now I am totally addicted to them.

o

Oh my gosh ! You are too kind !!!! National Habitat, yellow and pink please !!!
I can send postage $$ .....
Thanks,
Sandra
wolfen634@netzero.com

o

• Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 18:52

Hi
weomichelle I did not get your email try this
robert.dout at gmail

o

Ok I sent a message to that email. If you do not get that one my email is weomichelle@yahoo.com

o

Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 5:11

Yellow and pinks are all thats left, I have plenty of pinks if anybody still wants some

I root in water with an airstone add a little kelp or alfalfa and almost always 100% success , if you cant aerate change the water every few days

enjoy

o

Hello rednofl, i would like to have some of your cuttings for postage...plmk ...asap

MzRea

o

Its kind of late but if youstill have cuttings I will take some please let me know and I can do paypal or snail mail Thanks Marcie

o

Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 17:45

Hi Marcie
I still have plenty of pinks Adora and the 2 noids A few yellow charles grimaldi
the peaches had a lot of bad wood so they are all gone.
My email address is in one of my responses above if you need it

o

Hi Red,

You have email from me. :)

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Hi ~ I also just sent you an email if you still have any of the pinks and yellow left.

Thank you for sharing.

FlowerLady

o

I don't need anything, but wanted to say that it's very nice for sharing, Well done!

o

Sun, May 4, 14 at 12:01

Thanks Monet I hate to waste good wood and with the warm winters we have been having I either throw it away or hopefully get someone started enjoying these beautiful plants

o

Sun, May 4, 14 at 12:03

PLEASE I AM ONLY SHIPPING TO THE USA PRIORITY MAIL. I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMS FORMS AND SUCH WAY TOO TIME CONSUMING . PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO SHIP OUT OF THE USA .

THANK YOU

o

Id love to get some cuttings from you. am messaging you now.

o

Red, thank you, thank you, thank you! I received the cuttings and they are green and in beautiful shape! I had them planted up within 15 minutes of receiving them - after sharing one with my postal delivery lady who loves plants, too. I hope you receive your box of bromeliads today and like them half as much as I love your brugs! :)

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Mon, May 12, 14 at 6:54

Thanks Carol for the queen of tears ... very happy pups

o

Mon, May 12, 14 at 7:00

I only have pinks left Adora and 2 noid's one being the big heat tolerant bush type Both noids are nodding types.

o

Id love to get some please email me I never got a response from my first email, is there anything on my list youd like?

o

Do you have any cuttings left. I would love some. I can send postage today. Tude

o

I got my cuttings yesterday, thank you very much. I look forward to watching them grow and then burst into bloom.

FlowerLady

o

Thank you!!!! Every one of my cuttings have leaves and are thriving. Thank you for being so generous and helpful.

o

HI Don't know if you got my email. Mine is trudedonery@q.com. I would still love to have some cuttings if you have any left. Thanks, Trude

o

Tue, May 20, 14 at 19:37

Hi Trude
ck your email

Still got some pinks if anyone wants some

I took out one of the old pink noids this weekend the main trunk was 3" in diameter
Replaced it with a varagated brug Mya

o

Ooooo, that Mya is pretty!

Just wanted to let you know that rooting all of your cuttings was easy, all have leafed out and are now planted in the ground. Woo-hoo! Let them enjoy this 95-degree day!

Carol

o

Beautiful b. Maya! Love those variegated brugs, but they don't love me :-(

o

Sun, May 25, 14 at 12:38

Carol
With 5 of that particular one you will have a Brug jungle she could be almost invasive, as limbs fall off they root and spread , give her lots of water the first year.

Eloise
That variegated brug came from someone in So Cal very hot and dry location and was grown in almost full sun. Im hoping she likes a little moister environment.

I sent out over a hundred cuttings this year , I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do...

o

Red, I've been watering them every day but thanks for the reminder/notice! In June, there will be a few days that they'll have to make it on their own - hope they can do that.

Only four ended up in my yard - you sent me six - one went to the mail lady and the other to my sister who was at least as excited as me - maybe even more! I can tell by the vigor with which these rooted that they're going to be good. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for them if they are going to take over. I've had a plant or two try to own the yard before. Like a dog marking its territory, LOL.

Carol

o

If you have any cuttings left I'd love a few. My email addy is smwebb (at) msn.com.

o

My cuttings came today and look great. Thank you so very much. Trude

o

Fri, May 30, 14 at 6:47

Carol
I would be curious what would happen if I let it go. Now I need to get it under control so I have room for a few new ones...
Trude I would be curious how the one marked BP does in your Z4
Enjoy

o

Red, I have never had a brug get so vigorous that it took over, so I'm eager to see what happens, too! Kind of exciting! I will take photos and post updates in a few weeks.

Carol

o

Sat, May 31, 14 at 6:18

Hi gastone21
Send me another email and include your email addy .
Yes I still have the 2 pink ones
Carol
Take some pics after 3 years no frost and you will see what I mean, probably doesn't happen where you are very often. So far even the torpedo grass has a hard time competing.

o

Haha, I wish I could get that photo for you! Yeah, you're exactly right... that's why brugs never get the chance to take over up here in Jax.

Here's one of your babies: big Monster Pink, of course. He went into a new bed where he'll have plenty of room to stretch out.

Carol

o

Hi,
I don't know if you have any left, but I would sure appreciate them if you do. I lost all of my beautiful Brugs and Bananas this year. Hardest winter we have had in a long time.
Thank you either way.
Patsey

o

Wow, that's wonderful that everyone is still swapping cuttings. I wish I had come here to offer mine last fall.

I had so many, I had to throw them away. But after all these years, I have a "Breezy/Christine", a Pink Smitty, a First Belle, a Sun Sport, NOL, and a Kongmansia. My "inca" fell off the trailer on the road somewhere so I'm ordering new ones.

Good to see people still love these. Mine are now so large, I may have to give them away to someone younger and try to start over! (grin)

o

I just potted four of the big pink cuttings I received. They have good roots and a few new leaves. I'm so excited.

In another week, three other cuttings will be ready to pot as well.

I'm a new gardener and I'm so thrilled that there are experienced gardeners who are willing to share their successes.

o

technodweeb when you trim yours Id love to have some cuttings. I have a very small collection and trying to grow it. was gonna send you a pm but there is no link in your member page.
cinnie0

rednofl I decided to skip on the noids. maybe I will catch your offer next year.

o

Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 9:21

Pink is still available
Midway I sent you an email
Technoweeb I dont offer during the fall as everyone up north has lots to give away if you want to do a swap this fall let me know I am always looking for something different
Shorty ,, sounds like you got them all to root very cool and congrats
Cinnie Hopefully Ill have a few more variaties to offer next year
Anyone who got cuttings just curious how they did

Robert

o

Hello Rednofl,
I would love to have some pink if it's still available, I can send $ for postage, Just let me know.
Thanks, Olivia

o

Hello Red,
I am so appreciative of your email. Let me know what I owe you.
I will email my address if I forgot too.I hardly ever lost one and then this year, I lost them all.
Thank you so much,
Patsey

o

I would love some cutting for postage...
thank you...I sent you a personal email also

o

Hello Red,
I have been dreaming of having my very 1st Brug. I know this e-mail is late in the mist of summer. However, if you a have small cutting of pink to share you would make my year! :)
I can send postage promptly. My email is get2smb_now@yahoo.com
Thank you, Shawndel

o

Hello Red,
I have been dreaming of having my very 1st Brug. I know this e-mail is late in the mist of summer. However, if you a have small cutting of pink to share you would make my year! :)
Thank you, Shawndel

o

Hello Red,
Thank you, Shawndel

o

Hello Red,
Thank you, Shawndel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here