Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rednofl

Cuttings for postage

rednofl
10 years ago

Ive had a lot of people ask for cuttings and since we had a warm winter 2 years here in Fla. I have lots to trim Adora, National habitat, Equador White and a Yellow noid which is very fragrant. I also have a pink that will get huge 10 x 10 with 100+ flushes and really likes hot weather
I can send you 8 cuttings in a priority mail env for $6 if anybody else wants some. If you email me make sure to include your email addy as many of you have your email blocked by garden web somehow

Comments (34)

• luvbrugs
    10 years ago

I sent you and e mail.:)

• Adelpasque
    10 years ago

I am interested, let me know what I need to do.

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

I'd love to order 2 sets. Thank you very much.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Luvbrugs and procrastinator and any body else who wants some send another email thru gardenweb .... be sure when you send an email thru gardenweb include your email addy in your email I have at least 5 more sets I can send
    I am also interested in trades for cannas,or bromeliads,
    heres the message I get most of the time (PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)

This post was edited by rednofl on Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 18:35

• Patsey Nelson
    10 years ago

I would love some if you still have them
    Patsey

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

I sent a payment by PayPal, and a separate email. Did you receive them? Thank you for offering the cuttings. I'm looking forward to rooting them.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All gone except for 3 different pinks 1 being adora

enjoy

• ruth_ann
    10 years ago

What can you tell me about the Brug named 'National Habitat'? I can not find any info on it in any of the Brug Registry Lists so am wondering about it.

Thank you in advance. :)

• rudy625
    10 years ago

Ruth Ann, I think,not sure,but,I think they mean Native Habitant Double Peach . Just my opinion.
    Dan

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Hi Red,

I lurk here all the time but don't post all that much. Looks like I missed out on cuttings between visits! But that's ok - it was so kind and generous of you to share with so many people!

I am interested to know the name of the pink that gets huge, has lots of flushes and likes hot weather. I'm sure you would have posted it if you knew it, but if you later recall or if anyone else knows, would you please share? I am interested in getting that one as it sounds like a great brug that would do well in Jacksonville!

Next time you do have some extra of that pink one, I have lots of cannas and bromeliads for trade. The cannas are Pink Beauty and Maudie Malcolm. I have lots of broms, mostly neoregelias ("Neos"), but also a few billbergia. I also have a lovely double white brug.

Happy gardening, everyone! I love the beginning of a new gardening season! :)

Carol in Jacksonville

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for your generosity. I'll be stalking the mailman. Do you recommend rooting cuttings in water or soil?

• Patsey Nelson
    10 years ago

My cuttings arrived today and they look great. Thank you so much
    midway

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rudy thanks The National habitat possible natural habitat came from Kasha77 who used to post here Nat habitat dbl peach is what she sent me.
    Procrastanator ..I think starting in water is more reliable just make sure you keep the water fresh
    Carol ...The big pink I found Blown down after the hurricanes in 2004 it must have been 20ft tall I broke off a piece and it rooted easily. It was what got me started with brugs. I have lots of neos and aechemas to trade I sent you an email so If anyone wants pinks I still have adora and 2 more

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Hi Red,

I didn't get your email but I do see where you wrote, "I still have adora and 2 more". Are either of the "2 more" the "pink that will get huge 10 x 10 with 100+ flushes and really likes hot weather"? I would love to trade for that pink - that's the one that interests me! :)

Wow, so you found it in the hurricane aftermath. That was one crazy storm. I saw where whole islands and sandbars shifted offshore from the Gulf coast of Florida. That was a good, lucky find!

Carol

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 22:27

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

The cuttings arrived today and are wonderful! Many have white nubbies and some have a few root tendrils and leaves already. They were wonderfully packaged. Thank you very much. I may be a procrastinator (taxes mailed Monday), but the cuttings were Immediately placed in fresh room temp well water. I'll be sharing them with friends in a few weeks.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carol .. send me an email thru GW . I don't understand GW email problems but I have plenty of the big pink Brug. and I also collect Bromeliads so we should have plenty to trade.
    I am a runner so after the storm I was out one morning and I noticed the brug I had always seen behind a fence laying down so I broke off a nice hunk and took it home. The brug must have been 20ft tall before the storm.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

This one sounds as if it grows and blooms like Dr. Seuss does for me here in Texas. I would love to have a cutting of this one if you think it can take the Texas heat. I am sticking to the tried and true that can grow inground as I cannot move them in and out anymore.

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carrie;
    It gets full sun and 96 deg. from june - sept here in Orlando and the leaves don't even wilt as long as it has water. I would be glad to trade for cuttings of Dr Seuss and I would really like a White that can handle the heat.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I won't have cuttings again until fall when I have my brug cutting event. Dr. Seuss is in the ground and isn't even a foot high as yet,

• ruth_ann
    10 years ago

Thank Dan.

• kasha77
    10 years ago

Hi All- I'm still here once in a while. Hey Rednofl, I'm sorry if I told you that the name of your angel was national habitat. It's correct name is Native Habitat double peach. A huge double peach worth waiting for! I love mine!

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kasha
    Good to see yr still around . I think you abbreviated Nat so I may have assumed wrong... Its still a beautiful plant. It hangs over my equador white which nas a seed pod Im hoping maybe they crossed and I will get something interesting.

• beautifulswimmers1
    10 years ago

I sent you an email. Thank you!

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

For anybody still looking for cuttings I still have lots of 3 different pink Brugs one being named Adora and 2 noids 1 that loves the heat.... but no white and cant promise on the others. For everyone who got cuttings I would like to know how they work out.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Mine are doing great, but I have them still in the container. I probably won't plant them inground until next season...............or maybe one now, and one next season.

• procrastinator
    10 years ago

The cuttings you sent are all doing well. I rooted them in water, then potted them. Garden club meeting next week to share them. Thank You!

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tesia

Please send me another email thru GW .Be sure to include your email address in the body of your email. I don't understand GW email problems but I have plenty of the pink Brugs

Robert

• Elizabeth.1
    10 years ago

I would love some of your cuttings please....
    how would I go about this please.?
    kind regards
    Elizabeth

• rednofl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

puglvr1 You need to turn on your email address or include it in your email if you want some brug cuttings BTW I am in orlando

• yeli0507
    10 years ago

I just saw that u live by goldenrod how exciting, you not crazy far from me if you still have brugmansia please let me know I could go pick them up or however you like. And trade if possible

Yeli0507@gmail.com

• halley_rose
    10 years ago

Could I please get in on the $6.00 for a priority box of brugs, please let me know where to send it too. I don't care of them.

debjean13581@yahoo.com

• Elizabeth.1
    10 years ago

hello rednofl,
    I just want to try and contact you on here re cuttings.I would love some Brugs please.
    lizamallah@hotmail.co.uk
    many thanks
    Liza

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.facebook.com/Fig.Farm?ref=hl

• Mykel02
    10 years ago

I would like to have some brug cuttings... here is my email, send mr a message...

mykelduro@gmail.com

Thank you...

• currentriverdenny
    10 years ago

If you have any left I would love to have some just tell me what to do for you to send them!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living