Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

I think I'm seeing growth on other 2 brugs (Fertilizer Question)

lovetogrowflowers
12 years ago

I hope as usual someone, anyone for real, (and Karyn you chime in too) will take the time to ease my mind once again and give me advice (and answer my questions below) on caring for my brugs this season and hopefully following the advice I get blooms.

Okay, last year it was extremely HOT, my brugs grew 8 feet tall. Here's last year post with pics,

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/brug/msg0911503131292.html

I want to start off right this year with the right fertilizer. I prefer miracle grow as it is just more convenient. I have great results with it with other things and even though some don't use it that's what I'll be using.

So, last year I used an NPK 24-8-16, from the link above to last years post you can see they grew well, they also had tons of buds on them, big buds too once the heat wasn't so bad. During the heat the buds just seemed to STOP growing altogether and fall. But like I said after the heat wasn't so bad they thrived, but never made it to bloom because a cold spell got them :( So, I done something right, lol, I got a big plant just no blooms.

I've read many conflicting stories. Use bloom booster, don't use bloom booster. One said bloom booster will give you blooms but will also make the leaves fall off. I just wont a pretty plant with blooms, yes I want foliage too :)

My questions:

1. What would be the best NPK to use? I'm told I need a higher middle number.

2. Could I go ahead and start off with the fertilizer I already have from last year 24-8-16? Or would that be bad?

3. If I do use the bloom booster should I wait til its a certain height and showing small buds?

4. How often should I use the fertilizer you'll hopefully recommend?

I don't know exactly how much sun these three brugs get. I'm going to watch all day one day this week and add up about how many hours they get total. I do know they get full sun a pretty good bit, but then they get shade, but I just know know how many hours of sun/shade they get.

5. How many hours of sun does a brug need to do well and bloom?

That's all I can think of right now, and I know my posts are always long. I try and remember all I need to ask in one post. I really hope that many of you took the time to read this far and can offer me some advice.

Thanks to you all. You have all been a blessing in at least trying to keep me sane. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so determined with these brugs. I just hope I don't get disappointed again this year. I want to see blooms SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad. :) thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm