Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvbrugs

OT, please respond...:)

luvbrugs
13 years ago

where can i get some passion vines? i found some web pages with seeds, but not sure if they will be the real deal.

I think I really want to ask what is a good source of plants online, I really want to improve my garden.

thanks so much for taking the time and answering my questions, it is the only forum that always, always responds!

Comments (14)

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

I think logees has them. Probably will recieve small plants, but they will be healthy and true to name.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

zone9tropicals.com sells large vines.
    Grassy Knoll probably has the largest collection of passies. I have always recieved great plants from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: grassy knoll

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Lynette gave you excellent sources, Zone 9 and/or Grassy Knoll. Honestly I'd never buy a thing from Logees online. If I lived in CT I'd have no problem in person but that's about the only way I'd buy from them. There's also several Ebay sellers that are reliable.

• rudy625
    13 years ago

Karyn1,hi,this question is just for my own curiousity (sp)? I've noticed that over the years you have said the same thing about Logees,a few times.I have no ties to them at all,in fact I got a few of my brugs from them including Inca Sun,which turned out to be one of my favorites of all time. As I said,I have no ties to them,just wondering,did you have a bad experience with them ? If so,what happened,because I know some people that are getting ready to order from their catalog,which I haven,t done in years,and would like to let them know if they are going to get screwed over.
    PS. the plants they are planning to order are not brugs.

13 years ago

I'm not karyn but (lol) I think logees is a little overpriced for the size of plant you get. A lot of thier stuff only comes in a 2 or 4 inch pot and the plant is really small as well. I had good luck with thier customer service when I did have a problem once with a dead plant. They do offer some unusual stuff but if I can go somewhere and pay the same or even cheaper for a larger healthier plant I will. Thier shipping seems about the same for the little plants as I pay for the larger ones I order from other places.

Years ago I ordered four brugs from Logees and one wasn't what I ordered, of course I didn't know that till it bloomed way later, but that wasn't the problem. It was that they were tiny sticks and while nicely rooted, I quickly found I could go to Seedsprout (closed now)or Country Garden or even to certain ebay sellers and get a large rooted brug (sometimes in bud) in a bigger pot that was the same or cheaper and super excellent customer service.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I just think they are so terribly expensive for very small plants. Pretty much anything in their catalog can be found elsewhere for less and/or a bigger plant. I haven't bought from them in ages and everyone that I have known to buy from them online has had the same experience. I do know a couple people who live close enough to shop there in person and they get very nice plants for the price. I just can't stand seeing a nursery essentially ripping off their online buyers.

• chena
    13 years ago

Logee's is waaaaay over priced and the plants they send at best can be called a starter plant.. They send out very nice magazines tho..LOL I agree Z9T and GrassyKnolls would be the best place.

Kylie

• rudy625
    13 years ago

Thanks guys,as I said,I haven't ordered from them in years,so I didn't know what was going on.They do send out a "pretty" magazine,and I think that is why some people may think of buying from them.As I said the plants they want to order are not brugs,so,I'll send them to the other sites mentioned. Again,thanks for the heads up.
    Dan

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Have you ever noticed that the nicer the catalog a nursery or seed company puts out the more of a rip off they usuallly are. lol

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

You should be able to find them at local nurseries up there, even Lowe's and HD carry them down here in San Antonio. I even find them on clearance sometimes. If you don't find it at the big box, check with a locally owned nursery that specializes in native plants.

You might also check out a local plant swap or sale since both p. foetida and p. incarnata are common natives in Texas. There's a community plant swap in Collin County this weekend. Check craigslist too, many times you will find them for sale locally.

13 years ago

Several of our Lowes has Lady Margaret and Belotti in 3 gallon containers with a trellis right now. I haven't been to H. Depot in awhile but they usually have a few different ones as well. Once in awhile Walmart will have several.

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

I have the regular ones sprouting all over the yard. If you come this way you are welcome to dig some up.

• mark4321_gw
    12 years ago

I just wanted to give Grassy Knoll/Elizabeth Peters another endorsement as well as mention that she is now starting to sell Brugmansias: B. sanguinea 'Inca Princess', B. 'Wretched Mess' and the Strybing vulsa (vulcanicola hybrid).

Prices are good. She has a practice of not overcharging for "rare" plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grassy Knoll Brugmansias

• karyn1
    12 years ago

She has some nice new offerings but isn't shipping until Apr. I was going to purchase a few items but she's not holding your CC until shipping and is charging the items immediately.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living