Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilizing Question

Posted by drvongirl 7b WA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 21:08

Hi all, Here in WA we are still waiting for spring to arrive with some warm weather! Last Friday we reached 60 degrees, but today we are back in the high 40's mid 50's, I am really envious now of any warm weather anywhere!

This will be my second summer growing my brugs. My question is, I placed all my brugs that I overwintered in my garage on my front porch against the wall that Friday. Even tho it is still cool and we are not getting much sun can I start fertilizing them or should I wait, don't know when to begin. Will they be alright as long as the temp doesn't get below 32. Should I lug them back in the garage? All my cuttings I got from karyn died so I don't want to loose these. One more question, will they flower sooner this year since they are more established. All but one bloomed last year, all late Sept, Oct. Hoping to enjoy blooms sooner than that. Thanks for the help. Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilizing Question

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 13:02

Hey Ellen!!
Nice to see ya!! You can start to fertilize half strength to and so long as the don't get below 37*~38* you should be fine.. Don't over water them with it being still so cool..If you or anyone else are looking to replace some of your lost Brugs for postage let me know and I can point you in the right direction.. I see you don't have a email address listed..

Kylie

o
RE: Fertilizing Question

Thanks kyle for your answer, how and where do i get my e-mail address to list?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here