Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prodigal brug grower has returned

Posted by tommysmommy Colorado (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 23:31

Hi, been a loooong time since I've been here! FB gets all my attention (oh there's also pinterest). But I still have 3 brugs and just took one out of winter dormancy. The other two grew in the house over the winter. Cherub is a gorgeous 7' tree, y'ing and will probably bloom in a month or so. I have 2 santa rosas still, cut from the mother plant that was just ugly. Neither bloomed last year but I have hopes for this year. The one that grew through the winter in the house is full of aphids despite repeated showers and hosings and everything else you can think of, so it's banished to the outdoors. If it snows this weekend it will go in the garage. Not back in the house! The site looks very different, all updated and organized. Well, hi I'm back, and hope to visit every now and then.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prodigal brug grower has returned

Hi, wb !! I love pinterest lol.
My Santa Rosa has about 9 blooms now. It has made a nice tree. I kept it potted last winter in the gh so it wouldn't freeze back. Cherub is also a good bloomer and has some buds on it. The other stuff I have blooming right now are MEM, Wretched Mess (seems like these two just continuously flush) and NOL.

I also have a seedling with some HUGE long & wide pink single blooms on it flushing. It grew into a 6 ft tree and its only in a gallon pot lol..the poor baby! I'm a bad brugie mom! I gotta repot it.
~SJN

o

Good to see you around Diane! I miss not seeing posts from people from before. Lots of the experts have gone elsewhere :-(

o

Heya Eloise!

I wanted to come back and see if any old faces are still around.

I almost get the impression they went to dave's garden or something like that.

Any idea where everyone has gone?

o

Hey dweeb, good to see you! Not sure, but I think lots have gone to fb as there's a brug site there.

o
Facebook? Hmmmm. . .

Facebook just blasts stuff all over, it's not really a "forum."

Well, that's a shame. Maybe some will pop up again soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here