Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indagarden

Pretty sure I have a Brug on steroids!

indagarden
13 years ago

Back in October I pruned my Brugs, and brought them in to spend the the cold winter months inside. The room I keep them in has almost no sunlight, just 2 small basement windows. Within a week they were just a couple of sticks, and nothing else. About 1.5 months later I walked into the room, and one had a big beautiful flower! No leaves no nothing just branches with a flower. I figured the bud was there when I brought it in and I just didn't see it.

I have not watered, or done anything to my Brugs all winter. I haven't even really went into the room they are in until today. Wouldn't you know the same Brug that had a bloom in December is back there with a bloom again??? It has one big bud with a flower half way poking out! This thing is amazing.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen? Last year I kept them in a room with full sunlight, watered, and fertilized them and they didn't do much of anything. They seem to be doing better with no light, water, or care. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I live in Michigan, and would really like to know if this is normal behavior. Thanks for any answers!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure