Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some blooms and pics of my family trip.

Posted by fool4flowers Copperas Cove, Tx 8 (kristyancheta@yahoo.com) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 1:02

Just wanted to show some neat pics from the weekend and some surprises from the greenhouse. The stuff full sun is looking ragged. Have to do some work on that, lol.

My birthday
My mom
Photobucket
Me in a sea of hydrangeas.
John calls spanish moss Pele's hair, lol.
Rosedown plantation
oak lined drive
Son and grandson.
Morgan and me and Wyatt
Me and the grandbaby
Planter Patty gave me next to lotus pond
New some sort of bulb this year.
New daylily
Latest big bass
The memorial garden and pond.
water iris
Nuns orchid
Nun's orchid
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some blooms and pics of my family trip.

When did you stop being a blonde? You look great and I can't believe how big your grandson is. He's so cute. That plantation home and grounds are beautiful. Where is it located? Your flowers look great and your Nun's orchid looks good. I wonder why mine blooms over the winter?

o

Looks like Forest Gump's home!LOL Gorgeous! Love the moss hanging from the trees. Are your orchids in the ground? They are beautiful! Pond is cute!So is your Grandson!

Theresa

o

Good to see you posting Kristy! You look fantastic, and your family is beautiful especially your GS! Is the purple "iris" a gamecock? I had some bloom for me in a small pot with water and I was thrilled. What is that cement looking barrier in your pond for? Is it a landing for frogs, turles?

o

Kristy, you look great, and your grandson is just as cute as he can be. Love the pictures, looks like a plantation in Louisana. Your plants have come back, and look great. Mine are just coming back from the root stock right now. I hope I will be able to take some pictures this weekend and post. I will need your help posting them. I forgot what you told me in 2007. Looks like the greenhouse is working out for you. I think mine is a curse, I will only use it to protect my plants from freezing in the winter, and store gardening supplies the rest of the year. Barbra,

o

Its in St.Francisville, La. its called Rosedown Plantation. I went to see my high school friend that worked there and she gave us passes for a house tour but right when we started to go through the gardens I got a phone call that Mom was feeling bad so we had to leave. It was nice to have something fun for John in our weekend trip, lol. The nun's orchid stalks came up around Easter but it took them forever to open. I cut about 10 of the flowers for a party to decorate and still had all those in the pics left.I have it in a large pot. It was cool. Karyn did you see the last pic? I can't remember the name its that little funnel shape plant you sent me that multiplies and hangs down. It bloomed. I remembered last year it looked like it was going to but grew the tall finger looking things. This time it did and the flowers are really neat. I put plastic on the walls of the greenhouse then covered it with hardi board and put shade cloth over one side of the clear roof and it worked perfect this year. The stuff still in there looks better than the things outside. I might leave it in there and put up the shade cloth on the otherside. I have to go look at the pics to see what cement barrier you mean. It might be John's rigged up pump for the upper pond, lol. It ugly. My grandson is growing like a weed. The iris might be game cock. I bought Three different kinds on ebay last year but they all looked the same, lol. I wanted to snag some water hyacinth for my little upper pond now that I have the greenhouse to overwinter it. Mine died over the winter a couple years ago. Oh I see what you mean in the pond. It has a little channel around the edge for water to circulate that I have horse tail rush and watercress growing in. Our water has so much minerals it leaves a white crust on stuff. Its really just part of the black preformed pond. I decided to go back to my natural color for a while after I was looking at some pics of me when I was a teenager, lol. Its hard to hide the grey with it dark so don't know how long I will keep it, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here