Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My gold Angel has alot of stems.

Posted by silvermist3 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 2:30

My gold Angel has 8 main stems coming out of the ground every year. Is this normal? I also just bought 5 red Angel seeds, that I will plant tomorrow. Should I expect the same from them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My gold Angel has alot of stems.

That many main stems is certainly not common but I don't think it's anything abnormal. It must be huge. You should post a pic. I wouldn't expect that many main stems from a sanguinea (red brug), or any other variety, for that matter. Where are you located? If you are in a West Coastal area the sanguinea should do well but they don't like the high heat you get in most other parts of the US.

o

I live right outside of Shreveport, La. I will be posting pics very soon. Last year it grew to a little over 15 feet tall and more then 15 wide. Right now it is about 2 feet tall.

o

Can't wait to see those pictures.
Ingrid

o

You might have a problem getting the Sanguineas to bloom because of the heat but you never know. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that's able to get the sangs to bloom away from the West Coast. Your gold brug sounds gorgeous. I'd love to see a pic when it's full grown and in bloom.

o

Mine is always covered in flowers from about June 15 to late December. I use alot of fertilizer and water. That seems to work real well.

o

It is pretty usual if you cut it back low for the winter, it then has to come up from the trunk base and even the roots for the new year's growth. You 'could' air layer one of those stalks for a single specimen but by the sounds of it, this plant just likes to grow multiple stalks.

Seedlings usually grow a single stalk until it gets cut back or damaged. It will however get a nice canopy at the top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here