Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Riverside California Visit.

Posted by byrd4460 9 LAKELAND FL (williambyrd@tampabay.rr.com) on
Mon, May 24, 10 at 10:07

What a Blast I had in California last month.
I was totally surprise at the mountain view
when I look out my Hotel window.I kept telling
Myself their is noway that could possibly be
snow That I was seeing on the top of the Mountain.

So I ran down stairs in the Lobby to ask the hotel
clerks was that Snow I was seeing on the top of the
mountain and I was told it had just snowed the prior
to me arriving.

Eloise, I got to visit Palm Springs and it is a
beautiful place/Desert. I saw the Big Bear Mountain
and it was gorgeous as well. I was in shock and how
Large the Roses were growing. They were all 6 or 7
inches across everywhere I look.

I Believe I can enjoy living in California from what
I have seen so far.Rancho Cucamonga. Riverside is
where I started Looking at homes Just in case I decide
to make a transistion at my age. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well here is a few pictures I snap on the run.
Enjoy.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Chocolate Brug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Riverside California Visit.

Sounds like you had a great time. If I had a choice of living anywhere in the US it would be LaJolla, CA, hands down. It's just too damn expensive. I live in one of the most expensive counties in the US but LaJolla makes where I live seem almost reasonable. lol I've never been further north then SF but I do love So CA.

o

I used to live in northern california. I loved it.

o

I was born in California and I like it there. So cal is similar to much of Fl in terms of what you can grow but with less humidity so you can also grow more succulents and cactus etc. California like some other states is very diverse and you could live in a cold area or the desert. I like the fact that it has mountains and beaches!!

o

Chocolate Brug, I wish I could have gone with you. I would love to see California. I have the best results with plants I get from Karutz Greenhouse, and Maryott's Gardens, nothing matches their plants for success. I hope you were able to buy some plants while you were down. I am going to Florida first part of June, I plan to replace the plumeria I lost from the freeze, this was the first year I did not dig them up. What a mistake. Barbra,

o

CB,

Thanks for the update and the pics. Glad you had a good time. I lived in that area for a few years and enjoyed it very much. The San Gorgonio pass was a lot prettier before they put in that wind farm.

o

Hey CB, glad they treated you well while out here! Guess you didn't have too much time to go plant hunting, lol! Yes, we did have snow on the mountain tops, but nothing below. While others are buried in snow, we have to look far and up to spot snow, but that's fine with me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here