Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Rednofl ~ A Big Thank You!

ladyamity
9 years ago

Rednofl,

I received my cuttings a few days after contacting you.
I was so excited, I decided to make a dedicated area just to start them off right.
One thing led to another and before I knew it I was re-decorating several garden areas of my back yard.
More than half my gardens are container plants so besides getting the new area ready for your brug cuttings I transplanted lots of plants that had outgrown their pots, added a few garden decorations I had been holding onto in the shed and added fresh mulch.

The original Brug (started as three, thick sticks. Below in the pic) that is in my back yard now, was here 29 years ago when we purchased the home.
I knew nothing about plants other than 'green end goes up'.

I saw three, thick sticks about 2 - 3 ft. tall, sticking out of the ground, nothing on the sticks, I ignored the sticks and kept watering around the area in hopes of softening the hard, clay soil.

The following year imagine my surprise when I noticed green leaves on those 'sticks'.

The computer entered our home in the early 90's and that's when I started learning about plants.

Imagine the thrill I had cutting/trimming back the brug and using the cut pieces to create more brugs!
It's been an obsession of mine ever since.

All I've ever had is the standard, white brug because every year I just kept making more brugs from the cuttings I trimmed off.

Now, thanks to you, Rednofl, I am going to have three colors, grouped together, and my vision is to have them in bloom and resembling a beautifully scented watercolor picture.

Three of the cuttings you sent me Rednofl, already have little green leaves.
You'd think these cuttings were real, live babies the way I have been tending to them. LOL

Thank you again, Rednofl. I appreciate it more than you know!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure