Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagrdnr

Perfect Harmony

pagrdnr
13 years ago

Here is my first bloom of the season....Perfect Harmony. I really like it. This pic if froma few days ago, but I developed a little bit of an orange color since then.

{{gwi:488884}}

Comments (16)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Very nice. Doesn't it seem like many of us are getting first blooms earlier then the past few seasons?

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Hey, Shawn, very nice. Perfectly beautiful! What a great start to your season.
    My arborea and Gemini are the only bloomers so far! My DIL has Joli, Sam, and Dream Angel blooming, ones she kept in her greenhouse over the winter. Time to go collect some pollen!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Pretty. I think all mine are blooming way earlier this year. I was able to save more Ys too this year though, even though some of the smaller ones got toasted in the gh, some of the bigger ones are 10 ft or more and didnt lose thier Ys so bloomed most of the winter.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very pretty bloom.

My largest brugs where I kept the Y all winter show no signs of blooming, but the little leafed out cuttings are really looking good.

• pagrdnr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I got blooms early on this one because I kept it going through the winter, and I have been dragging it, along with a few others, in and out when the weather would be nice. I think I have a bud or two on one of my arboreas, and maybe some tiny ones on Rosalla, and that is all I see right now. It is exciting though.

Its nice to be posting again and its nice to see the forum picking up. I have been here reading, but have not posted a lot in the past few months. Glad to see some of the "oldbies" posting as well as the newbies.

Here are a few more garden pics, no brugs. I love the supercal teracotta petunias, they have a mix of reds and oranges in the flowers, and no two fowers are exactly the same.

{{gwi:488885}}
    {{gwi:488887}}
    {{gwi:488888}}
    {{gwi:488889}}
    {{gwi:488890}}
    {{gwi:488892}}
    {{gwi:488894}}
    {{gwi:488897}}
    {{gwi:488899}}
    {{gwi:488900}}
    {{gwi:488901}}
    {{gwi:488902}}

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Your rosalla should prob bloom soon. Mine just started up again. Have you noticed if yours throws doubles and singles? Some of my rosalla cross (to other doubles) seedlings are throwing doubles and singles. My rosalla has only thrown a double once the rest of the time she is single.

• pagrdnr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My Rosalla kept dropping buds last season so I only had 2 or 3 blooms make it to opening. All were singles but I know it does throw doubles. Would like to see one this year.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Shawn is that a petunia in the 1st pic? Whatever the color is beautiful! The only ones I kept going thru the winter were the cuttings I received from Edna and Mike. Everything else was dormant. I even let my culebra, sangs and all my variegated brugs go dormant this year. What helped me was the unusually warm early spring. It's cooler now then it's been since the beginning of Apr, more rain too. You'd think that this was Apr and last month was May if you went by the weather, weird, as usual. lol

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Shawn
    Wow, very nice Blooms, your Perfect Harmony is Georgeous
    it is very nice too have Blooming plants this early
    Elizabeth

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Wow, that is a beautiful petunia, Shawn. And the hostas are gorgeous- this is the best time of the year for them- they are pristine right now!
    Karyn, weird weather for us, too. Same pattern, our last frost was way back early March, hot April and now, May is heavenly- cooler and less humidity. Great for this human............ but, my brugs like hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures Shawn!

Karen

• threas
    13 years ago

Hi Shawn! Very nice flowers & plants!

Theresa

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Pretty brug Shawn, I like the sheen on Perfect Harmony. That petunia is a beauty as well!

• pagrdnr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here it is orange...sorry for the bad pic.

{{gwi:488903}}

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

I like it even more!

Shawn, ya got any seedlings getting ready to bloom?

• pagrdnr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No seedlings ready to blooms Brenda. I just brought them out last week. Some died back a lot and others are doing good.