Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

What NPK do you use and how often for brugs?

lovetogrowflowers
12 years ago

I'm trying to decide what the heck I need to do. Currently I am using MG 24-8-16 once a week. I've been reading that 17-17-17 is good, but I cannot find it. I have only checked at Wal-mart and Lowes. All they seem to have is lower NPK's plus the one I use 24-8-16.

I just want this more balanced. Could someone recommend a good way to break this formula down and how often to use it? I'm driving myself mad.

At this point (being the newbie I am)I plan to continue using the 24-8-16 and then soon alternating it with the bloom booster 15-30-15. That would lower the nitrogen and hopefully be enough phosphorus to bloom with the higher middle number.

With the 24-8-16 weekly, that gives them 96-32-64 at the end of the month, which last year they grew huge and had buds but never bloomed, and was told to much nitrogen.

Please, my wife and I have figured every formula we can think of *LOL*. What do you suggest?

Other sites say, 10-10-10 once a month, 20-20-20 1-2 times a week, 17-17-17. It's just never consistent. Please help!

Comments (4)