Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allanrandall_gw

Need help once again

AllanRandall
11 years ago

Well... yet again I am seeking the help of the wonderful people of the brugmansia forum. I have a NOL and a NOID and the bane of my existence this year is mites. It is beyond my understanding how something so soft and small can be so hard to kill. The only thing that I have been able to kill them with is mixing neem oil, dawn soap, and rubbing alcohol. I have been doing this every three days for a few weeks and while it is killing most of them, it's not completely solving the problem. Both brugs are small and don't have a lot of leaves, but having to check every square inch of the leaves every day is turning, what was once enjoyment, into a chore. I usually go organic, but seeing as neither brug is old enough to bloom, I am looking into a systemic. Can anyone recommend a systemic spray that isn't too harsh, but will kill mites (if such a thing exists).

I also had one more question. I have a big beautiful pot that, until this year, has held a Japanese maple. Earlier this year it began to wilt on half of the plant and slowly spread to the rest until the plant was dead. I am assuming it was maple wilt, but not too certain. I know that when something gets a disease in the ground you are not supposed to plant anything there for a while. However, this being in a pot, I could go over the whole thing with soap and alcohol. Would it be safe to use after cleaning and sterilization?

Thanks in advance everyone and I am very grateful for any advice that can be offered.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA