Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

ot- oh my aching back- and hip...

kasha77
12 years ago

Went to a Chiropractor yesterday, couldn't stand the pain any more. Was a real shock to learn that I tore my hip socket ligaments by getting on and off our tall garden tractor. Been this way for 2 months. (I was thinking all the while, "it will get better") Also found out that when I fell 30 yrs ago, I broke L 4 vertebrae on my back. Doc said he couldn't believe I didn't seek medical attention for it. I though I had just twisted my vertebrae but he said that was calcium build up from the break. Now I am very limited in what I do, - can't go for my lovely morning walks, can't play in my gardens, can't carry my little ones at work. But now I get to lay down after work (without self guilt) and finally read again, have someone else do the laundry, make dinner, clean the house, do the shopping. Doc says it could take months to heal, if it does. Gee, hope I don't get bored! :)

Comments (11)

• rmbill
    12 years ago

Kath, Are you going to get any help with the Brugs or just wait until next year with the online stuff. If you drop it, Lots of people will be bummed out. I am glad that you finally got some help, I know you have been suffering. Get better soon.
    Bill

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Bill- I am limping along and will take a few orders at a time, only if folks email me directly. I want to get these brugs out there, no way do I want to over winter them again- no room!!! I have a very limited supply this year - guess I shouldn't have given doubles away as bonuses!! (was feelin' generous) Anyway, I go back to the chiropractor tomorrow for some relief. Can't wait! :)

• gardenpaw
    12 years ago

Kathy, Im so sorry to hear of all the pain you are going
    through, just take it easy and take care of you.
    Your in my prayers.

Karen

• Bob_A
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear this, hope that you feel better, Kathy.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the prayers and well wishes!

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Kathy,
    Just retired and am going to the Chiro every other day also. Had a work injury back in 2000. A reacurring pain every time I work the Gardens. I know your pain. Get better and sell some Brugs.
    Jerry

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jerry- did your dr ever use a TENS unit on you?
    (electronic stimulation)
    http://www.lgmedsupply.com/lgprostim1000.html

O M gosh pain was relieved quickly. By the time I arrive home though, pain is back. I need to use one of these several times a day. I'm actually looking into buying one for home use. Once every other day is not enough!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear about your sore hip and back, Kasha. Hope the pain can be relieved while you are healing.

Jerry, sorry that you suffer as well and hope your treatments are helpful.

Having someone else do the chores around home can be a joy as I found with my back problems this past winter. DH has been a trooper carrying things here and there for me. Happily I have worked hard in the garden digging up sod and edging beds the last couple of days and haven't had any back pain. I give credit to the strengthening exercises that I have been doing. Perhaps I am cured! Well, for a while anyway. Next week I go in for total knee replacement so no rest for DH for awhile.

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Kathy,
    I have a 10 minute ES session every visit every other day and then the DR uses an actuator (spring loaded metal plunger)on me and wedges under my hips so my spine slides back in place. He does not crack my back.

Bobbie-more area for the Brugs?
    Hope your knee surgery goes OK for ya.
    Jerry

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Yes, Jerry, I am expanding the bed on the side of the driveway for brugs and dahlias. I haven't put the brugs out yet. Have them under lights in the basement and will wait another week or two when I will be back home and can supervise. Good luck with your sale.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My- we are a sorry lot!
    Hi Mnwsgal- hope you are able to garden happily this year!
    Jerry, I hope you are compensated for your work injury and that you heal up soon.
    I purchased a Tens unit which stimulates nerves and muscles. Can't wait til it arrives!
    My husband will be transplanting Irises under my watchful eye this weekend.
    Hope we can all fell better soon so we can enjoy gardening this year!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH