Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I plant between two brugs

Posted by lovetogrowflowers 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 18:44

Since brugs get so big and this area gets a lot of sun during the day, and finally gets shaded around 4pm, what could I put in between the two? Each brug would be about 4 feet away on either side. But you know brugs, they get big. Would they put off too much shade, cause I'd really like a sun loving plant.

I'm a new gardener and still have trouble with placing things right. I'd love a knockout rose there, but not sure if it would do well, if it wouldn't look right, with a 3-4 foot knockout rose between two nearly 8-10 brugs on either side.

Don't laugh at me, but here's my setup. I've got crap growing everywhere in this area, from four o' clocks, cleome, brugs and now that empty spot where once was a lantana. And this past winter killed it.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I plant between two brugs

put in the rose and just keep them trimmed back. Mine are 8-10` tall and about as wide.
Tally Ho!

o

You can put in Colocasia, Hawaiian Ti plants, Shrimp plants, Purple shield..really anything you want. You could try canna because it can handle the water and fertilizer that brugs want. Be creative :) I have used all the above. You can also plant lower growing things like caladiums in front of the brugs and the brugs will shade them a little.

o

I really like to try and get a dense layered look in my flower beds.

Antique Lace, MEM photo 100_7576.jpg

Rosamond photo 100_5954.jpg

photo 100_7592.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here