Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jardinerowa

Brugmansia rotting or OK and I should just stop fussing with wit?

jardinerowa
12 years ago

Ok,

A while back I posted about holes in Brug leaves and also that on branches where there is not much leaves anymore for various reasons, it starts to dry out and that always worried me even though it appears to be fairly common in Brugs.

A few weeks ago I tried Sevin to get rid of earwigs, but I think it burned the leaves. The leaves all kinda look like some chemical affected them. I tried ladybugs for reddish mites earlier in the season. Now, I tried soap and water and then washed it off. Are they at high risk for phototoxicity? I think from now on I�m just gonna spray under the leaves with hard spray of water once a week to knock off any mites there might be (there aren�t that many now)

One branch I cut straight off and then sprayed it with an antifungal just in case. It didn�t keep drying up but then I just noticed that where I cut it is hollow and it has dried up a little, but not past any major branch yet. The other branch that had no real growth has dried up about a foot. I�m just wondering if this too is commong enough to happen like it is happening to this Brug? Or is something else going on. Keep in mind the plant is about 3 feet by 4 feet in ground, second year from cutting.

I think the chemicals have affected the leaves, but the earwigs are still at it, I�d try another application of Sevin in June, but I don�t want more phytotoxicity problems if that is what it is. Thanks for reading!

Z

Comments (5)