Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmbill_gw

Brugs are in the ground

rmbill
11 years ago

I just finished plant the last of my Brugs today. I planted forty three different named varieties and fifteen different hybrid seedlings. I used up almost all of my garden space so not many veggies this year. Oh well, my vegetables don't do as well as the Brugs anyway. Too bad they aren't good to eat.

Hopefully I can get some blossoms to show here so someone will visit the sight. It has been totally dead here for some reason. Not at all like it use to be. Maybe they kicked all of the regulars off the forum, like they did Kylie.

Bill

Comments (7)

• corrie22
    11 years ago

Bill, I can't wait to see them...
    I know what you mean..I've been following this forum for years....wouldn't you know it, the second I decide to really get into brugs....LOL

Corrie

• diane_v_44
    11 years ago

Bill

Just put the site on
    Oh oh trouble is there in Bruggyville
    Hoping to see some of the photos of the garden now as it is early You know the before and after

COmpany, uninvited but welcome just knocked on the door so have to write back again

• maile_2010
    11 years ago

Still here Bill. Just a very busy time of the year in the gardens. Just as many named brugs in the ground and about 15 in white 5 gal pails. Will post pics soon. My 'Shredded White' has a bloom on her. Not much luck this year with seeds. Not as good as last year.
    Jerry

• mantorvillain
    11 years ago

Good for you Bill! So far 28 in 15 gallon containers lining the driveway and 12 more to go in the back yard...IF I can find more perlite today for my container mix. All my local nurseries are out right now and I can't wait 2 weeks for them to get another shipment.
    Hey Jerry, how's retirement going. I have not quite 9 months to go......yahoo.
    Will

• maile_2010
    11 years ago

Hey Will,
    Retirement is awesome as you will soon see! We'll have to get together this fall for some Brug trading.
    I didn't cut back many of my Brugs last Fall to see what would happen. Most of them have buds now, they almost double in size each day.
    Bill, I am also looking forward to trade Brugs this Fall as you also have some great varieties.
    Happy Gardening,
    Jerry
    (I will post pics soon, really).

• grullablue
    11 years ago

I'm fairly new to this board, as I just learned of brugs over winter....I got a cutting off Ebay, I forgot what kind it is....but the flowers are supposed to be peachy/orangish I believe. I'd know the name if I saw it.

I just planted it in a large pot today. And I could see the roots spiraling around, so it definitely needed more room already. I hope it goes now! I read they grow pretty fast. I decided to keep it in a pot, as I already have so many things I need to dig up in the fall...I live in WI, zone 5, and have two types of bananas, several canna varieties, persian shield (that I like to winter in the house) and giant elephant ears. I figured that was enough to dig up! I don't know how big my brug will get this growing season, if it grows really fast, I may reconsider the pot and give it more room. This was the first place I came to learn more about them when I decided I wanted to try one!

I'd also heard they are toxic. I don't know if I went overboard in protecting my pets or not, but I wintered everything in my basement, next to a patio door...and the brug, lol...I put it in a dog crate to keep it from getting chewed on.

• grullablue
    11 years ago

It's a Jean Pasco. I knew if I saw it I'd remember....I did a search on brug varieties.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County