Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcie_new

Other Topic

marcie_new
13 years ago

Hi I am hoping to find someone in rockport, that has seeds to the Coral Tree, I had gotten some once, and they sprouted and were growing but during one winter(in the same year) they froze and died. I got some on e-bay but htye did not sprout for me, so I am hoping to find that kind lady again anybody? I have some seeds or plants to exchange for this seeds. Thanks every one Marcie.

Comments (6)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Marcie you might want to post on the FL gardening forum or even the seed exchange.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Marie, these grow wild in Rockport, but they were in bloom in early spring. I will look the next time I am down, but am not sure I can locate them if they are not blooming. If you come to Rockport, I will show you the field that I saw them in, but you will probably need snake leggings to go in there to dig it up. Barbra

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Marcie you should grow it in a container. It's a zone 9 or warmer plant. Mine did suffer a light freeze this winter and most of the tree died but it has sent out new growth from the trunk. It's also called Cry Baby.

• marcie_new
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karyn Thank you I will go post there, I actually have 3 plants that are related to the coral tree, they bloom and produce seeds, every year,( I have seeds for those) but the flowers do not open up like the coral tree, the color is the same but it does not grow like the coral tree
    {{gwi:484725}}
    {{gwi:496621}}
    Lets see if I attached the pic. of the erythrina I have I have pictures of the plant with leaves but have not put it in the computer I will do that later tonight. I hope it works

• marcie_new
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barbra I will try to go down there sometime this summer, but as luck will have it, I have a friend that is going over tomorrow and they are staying there for about a month, I believe he ha a travel trailer, so I will contact him tomorrow to keep an eye out for the tree and see if it has seeds( I just meet this couple few months back) wish me luck either way. I see my pictures did come thru horray!! Any way as I said before the flowers don't open up as the coral tree does, Here in La Grange there is a coral tree and he blooms every year but does not set seeds, do you know if the cuttings take? if so, soft wood or old wood? tips? I get to go to La Grange tomorrow morning and I will take a picture of that tree so that I can post it here.This couple I meet her name is barbra and his name is Julian, surely is was not you at that party? Marcie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Marcie, we went to Rockport, my husband had a new outboard motor delivered to the marina, and he wanted to be there. I went to our place, I drove the lawnmower up and down the fence line, looking for that plant. I was not able to locate it, since it is not in bloom. There was one that was blooming close to the fence, but I can't remember where. The field is just overgrown now, and its impossible to locate. If you can make it down when they are in bloom, you can dig one up from the field. I will also try and locate seeds for you. Schumachers Hill Country Nursery sells them in 5 gallon pots, I have seen them there. They are close to where you live, you might want to check to see if they have them in the 4 inch pots, they are only $1- $1.50. Barbra

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES