Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Pale pink brug and other pics

fool4flowers
13 years ago

This one was blooming in the greenhouse this morning. Couldn't find the tag though so don't know which one it is. This is the same one that the cut worms were on. Anyone know what the 3rd one is? Albert gave it to me but didn't know what it is. Reseeds freely he said and has beautiful foliage. It looks almost black if its not in direct sunlight. Cool plant! Karyn is the last one Jatropha mulifidia? This is the one you sent me a couple years ago but the tag was worn off. Its about to bloom again. Had a small bloom last winter. The 4th one is Momo Botan mini lotus but hasn't bloomed yet. The large lotus is one from Theresa I've had for a couple of year. Two different cannas and two different plumeria.

{{gwi:496636}}

{{gwi:496637}}

{{gwi:496638}}

{{gwi:496640}}

{{gwi:496642}}

{{gwi:496644}}

{{gwi:496646}}

{{gwi:496647}}

{{gwi:496648}}

{{gwi:496649}}

Comments (6)

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Kristy,
    Did you bring me one of your horned tomato worms the other day when you visited? I found one the next day on a brug. I relocated it to another plant, maybe it will make me a butterfly.
    pa

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Ew, you saved that nasty worm? What did you sacrifice to it?

• princealbert
    13 years ago

I think I put it on a Rose of Sharon/Althea. I have about 50 of them.
    pa

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Your jatropha looks great. So does everything else. I'm so jealous of all your plumie blooms. I have one inflo and that's on a cutting that Bill sent me.

PA the hornworm will become a sphinx moth. That particular variety feeds on solanums; brugs, dats, tomatoes, etc. They are one of the main brugmansia pollinators, though the caterpillars will strip a plant bare overnight. I keep a patch of tomatoes growing and just relocate them from wanted plants to their little garden. There's several different hornworms and each has a specific host plant. The only ones I don't like are the Catalpa worms. What a major PITA they are!!!!!

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Karen,
    It went back to the same brug. My tomatoes are not big enough to feed it, I put it on 1 of my noid whites I think it moved again I couldn't find it this afternoon.
    We don't have catalpa worms down here. I don't know why there are plenty of trees. When I was a kid we used them for fish bait. A bass will hit one in a new york minute, perch like them too. We had them in southwest Arkansas
    pa

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have several kinds of worms lately but none came visiting with me, lol. The great big ones oddly don't seem to do as much damage to the brugs as the little bitty green worms. They will do a number on my veggies though. I was wondering the other day why they don't have catalpa worms on the trees here. We used them for bait in Louisiana too, lol. Karyn I'm sorry your plummies got damaged. It seems mine are happy this year so I'll post pics as the different ones bloom. I can't wait for the red one. Its always the last but my favorite. It smells like red roses but the dark pink with yellow center smells like gardenia, lol. Now its my favorite smelling one.